Lemon’s little flock adventures!

I ordered some tutus from OneMountainAcres... they are incredible!

I tried them on the full grown hens, (Mochi, a silkie in dire need of a bath, and Jasmine, a beautiful black Australorp, they are both Stars chickens)

1623961025335.png

1623961133301.png

Not too much to update on... the Silkies are now 3.5 weeks old, and getting in some feathers!

The Silkies absolutely LOVE a bowl of crumble soaked in water, to make a bit of a mash. They seem to think it's the best thing ever, even though it's just their food and water.

And Safaia and Cupcake are nearing 14 weeks, along with the other chicks of their same age!

I love these chickens so much!

I'm almost positive Eclipse (the black Silkie) is a cockerel though:

Slower to feather out, and feathers are very even (while Nutmeg's are kind of wild and everywhere, and I have read that sometimes chickens with more even feathers are cockerels)

Looks smaller, but weighs more

Has cockerel-y stance

Very calm

Already has some comb growth.

I guess we will see!

As for Nutmeg, so far thinking pullet:

Rough, uneven feathering,

Lighter (in weight) than others,

A little less bold (but still very sweet!)

Just seems pullet like.

However, I have mixed feelings about Pebbles. So far going with cockerel, as that seems to be my luck, and is more like Eclipse than Nutmeg, but still, we'll have to wait an see!

Pretty sure all of the other chicks (the 7, 14 week olds) are all pullets, including Sam (my sisters chick who I was almost positive was a cockerel because of early comb growth)

I'll post photos in a few minutes after I get more pictures!
Those cute little Silkie babies keep it exciting 😁🥰

Of one of my little ones (Silkie bantams, now 11 weeks old) - Teddy - I was so pretty sure 'him' to be a boy - first thing Teddy tried when brought from the incubator to the brooder was trying to jump onto the brooder plate 😄 Teddy always ate the most, was calm, observed everything. The one with the most and thickest fluff (therefore the name - my mom saw 'him' for the first time and shouted: he looks like a Teddy bear!) and the biggest baby from the start!
...Well - now I'm absolutely sure Teddy is a girl.

...oh and mine also loved the soaked chick crumble mash! (I had several small bowls and plates and Teddy always preferred a special bowl - it was so funny when she first went to another, realized: that's not the right one! And ran about till she found her favourite tiny bowl and then started to eat like a champ).

I ordered some tutus from OneMountainAcres... they are incredible!

I tried them on the full grown hens, (Mochi, a silkie in dire need of a bath, and Jasmine, a beautiful black Australorp, they are both Stars chickens)

View attachment 2722918
View attachment 2722920
😃Wow what special pictures of Mochi and Jasmine in those pretty tutus! They kind of look proud in them which amazes me. And it is intersting how Mochi's and Jasmine's own colors are stressed by the happy tutu's colors!
Those are wonderful pictures for a selfmade chicken calendar, I think.
Special moments.

Those cute little Silkie babies keep it exciting 😁🥰

Of one of my little ones (Silkie bantams, now 11 weeks old) - Teddy - I was so pretty sure 'him' to be a boy - first thing Teddy tried when brought from the incubator to the brooder was trying to jump onto the brooder plate 😄 Teddy always ate the most, was calm, observed everything. The one with the most and thickest fluff (therefore the name - my mom saw 'him' for the first time and shouted: he looks like a Teddy bear!) and the biggest baby from the start!
...Well - now I'm absolutely sure Teddy is a girl.
Teddy Bear is an AMAZING name for a chick, especially a silkie!
...oh and mine also loved the soaked chick crumble mash! (I had several small bowls and plates and Teddy always preferred a special bowl - it was so funny when she first went to another, realized: that's not the right one! And ran about till she found her favourite tiny bowl and then started to eat like a champ).
They still got crazy for it! The chicks spend the day outside, then come in for the night... but not for long, there’s a bit of a heatwave and it’ll be fine to let them stay outside.
😍😍😍 Such beautiful little sweeties 🥰
Thanks!
All your girls are so beautiful 🥰
Great pictures!
I'm glad Cupcake is a girl, too :celebrate
Safaia's eyes have the color of amber - yes?
She looks so grown up now :th
Amber is a good way to describe it!

😃Wow what special pictures of Mochi and Jasmine in those pretty tutus! They kind of look proud in them which amazes me. And it is intersting how Mochi's and Jasmine's own colors are stressed by the happy tutu's colors!
Those are wonderful pictures for a selfmade chicken calendar, I think.
Special moments.
That’s a great idea!

The silkies have been enjoying staying outside during the day.
DF6BCEFF-1948-4DE7-A249-416BE5BAB960.jpeg

The weather is really warm... going to get to the 100s! Thank goodness I have AC! I’m worried the chickens will be too warm in this weather... lots of cool water, watermelon, and maybe trips inside, I guess. (Screenshot of forecast)
17CEAAF6-B062-46BA-BB85-9AD8A3C61366.jpeg

Attachments

• 481A3D17-E96E-4FF1-A111-2AA1014FAD55.jpeg
    481A3D17-E96E-4FF1-A111-2AA1014FAD55.jpeg
    819.8 KB · Views: 3
The silkies have been enjoying staying outside during the day. View attachment 2730143
The weather is really warm... going to get to the 100s! Thank goodness I have AC! I’m worried the chickens will be too warm in this weather... lots of cool water, watermelon, and maybe trips inside, I guess. (Screenshot of forecast)View attachment 2730147
They are so sweet! That's such a cute age 🥰 Just before getting really fluffy!
...Wow that's really going to be hot at your place! Lots of water and watermelon is a good plan 👍
It is really good you do have AC and could take somebody inside to cool down if needed.

The weather is really bad right now. Super hot out (up to 111 f)

Im doing the best I can for the chickens... cool water, mist, electrolytes, ice, frozen treats... today’s the hottest day so I’m pretty worried. A few people on the Washington state thread have already lost chickens. :(

Attachments

• 45C56B5C-0C5C-4966-9C3B-69410851C04A.jpeg
    45C56B5C-0C5C-4966-9C3B-69410851C04A.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom