Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
I have a pair of blue standards, so all I need is the brown red. Would love to get some eggs from you sometime
big_smile.png
I'll keep the black/white mating in mind.

Just an FYI.....I have an auction going for Lemon Blue Standard Cochin Hatching eggs
jumpy.gif
. It's just a 24 hr. auction as I never know when these girls will lay. I haven't had any action on the auction but perhaps it is due to a busy weekend. If anyone here wants eggs or knows someone who does, please let me know ASAP as they must ship tomorrow.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=344089

I have 14 eggs ready to go~!!!!!
fl.gif
Don't let them be breakfast~!!!!
sad.png
bow.gif

I also have current pics of some of the babies I hatched this Spring......
smile.png

I have a quick question.
Is lemon blue a color that is going to be different in different breeds.
I ask this because when I think lemon blue I see a bird that is blue (with the dark lacing in the feathers), buff/ orange hackles, orange saddle feathers and wing bow..

Chris

I have a Lemon blue cochin mix he is so cool looking you can't see the lacing on his wings no matter what camera I use but he has the lacing on his wings but he is barred rock looking he is a great rooster.
42605_img00058.jpg

Here is a 2nd pictures of him he likes climbing on the wood pile
42605_img00050.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that lemon blue, genetically, should manifest the same on all breeds/varieties and if folks start thinking that this is not the case, that is where things start to go awry. I'm an avid cochin person and I believe in working to improve the already established varieties that exist, but I also love seeing some of less conventional colors showing up and lemon blue is one of them. The OEG people have some excellent examples of color varieties and when in question about pattern, shade or whatever, they can really help to clarify what it is we should be striving for in our own breed.
This is a link to a Lemon Blue OEG. There's also a splash, etc., which goes with the Andalusian gene.
http://crowwingoegb.webs.com/lemonblue.htm

Back
Top Bottom