1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lanissa86, Aug 9, 2009.

1. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I agree I think a new name would be a good idea to stop all of the confusion.

2. that_crazy_lady

that_crazy_lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    I think the new color needs it's own name too

but as far as the birds go [​IMG]

3. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree I think a new name would be a good idea to stop all of the confusion.

[​IMG]

'Fraid I'm not as good at being tactful as Suze (Sonoran Silkes). Quite apart from needing name, the colour needs some direction, like a goal for the desired colour & pattern etc. Sorry, but some of those birds being described by the same name have rather different genotypes.​

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yes, some very different genotypes between them. I am not the one to say which should be bred towards, and goodness knows I do like some birds who are not a "real variety" (someday I'll manage to get photos of my black bodied, buff winged, buff & white crested mix, and share them).

Anyways, back to the point. Deciding what the goal (or even goals) is (are), and breeding towards the defined goals rather than just aiming for birds who are a mix of blue and buff makes more sense if you really want to propagate these birds.

5. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Maybe you should have a breed name contest [​IMG]

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Here is a pic of bantam Lemon Blue Cochin roo. The blue can various shades of blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] Beautiful roo Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then all of your cochins are gorgeous looking! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Hoosiermomma, thank you for the nice compliment.

9. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    I put my boy up on eggbid also. I have to many colors to deal with right now and just need the room for all the birds I have.

[​IMG]

10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    OK- those are both gorgeous roosters, but..... why wouldn't that be blue wheaton? It looks very similar, anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by