Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
The more I see the LF the more I want to get some.
droolin.gif

Makes me wonder what the outcome would be crossing the LF with a bantam lemon blue or brown red...

The more I see the LF the more I want to get some.
droolin.gif

Makes me wonder what the outcome would be crossing the LF with a bantam lemon blue or brown red...
I've done thatwith Partridge before and I got a lot of medium sized roosters and hens. I used them in my free range flock so I didn't have such big boys. I eventually sold them all though for some Lemon Blue's!!

I would think the chest lacing might be improved, but they would be med sized. Then could take the medium sized ones back with the large and eventually improve the chest lacing that way. Am I crazy to think that it could be a way to improve the LF color over a few generations? If I can get my hands on a pullet someday I'm going to try it.

I would think the chest lacing might be improved, but they would be med sized. Then could take the medium sized ones back with the large and eventually improve the chest lacing that way. Am I crazy to think that it could be a way to improve the LF color over a few generations? If I can get my hands on a pullet someday I'm going to try it.
Thats a really good idea. If I can get a bantam I think I will try it.

I will be fascinated to watch these babies grow if you provide photos while they continue to develop. It would be a great tool for comparison for me when my eggs hatch! I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom