Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I wanted to start this to see the progress of everyone's birds that were received from wwmicasa1's (Lynns') Birds.
pop.gif

Or, if your are starting your own breeding of Lemon Blue cochins, Please share your pics and stories too!
big_smile.png

Lynn, please post how your project is going! How are your babies feathering out? Please post pics and keep us all updated on how your project is coming along. I have 2 Roosters, and deciding if I should keep both and separate them with their own girls or just keep one....

I will post pics of my Crew soon!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hi friend I am not a breeder but it seems that our friend from this forum wwmicasa1 is working on them...you should P.M him/her to get more info

check one of her roosters..I find him so exquisite...

Yes this is the breeder I got my Babies from.

She is a great person and I just wanted to get in touch with others who have Hatched Eggs from her as well.

Was wondering how their progress on their chicks has been going.
caf.gif

I am off of work for FOUR DAYS!
woot.gif

Lots of pictures coming!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can let my chicks run around for awhile!
D.gif

They are now 13 Weeks Old!
ep.gif

So updates please! The original Thread was locked, and I enjoyed reading about who was hatching and looking at the pics of these beautiful birdies!
love.gif

I will be watching this thread.

I am ordering some eggs from her this fall. I find her Lemon Blues absolutely stunning.

pop.gif

Come on people. Give us some updated photos to oogle at.
love.gif

Ok, here are the pictures as promised....

My Buff/Blue Roo (Help me with a Name)

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

My Blue Roo

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

Both of the Boys

IMG_2588.jpg

My Girls: I have 2 Splash a Dark Blue and Blue. The Dark Blue has Color coming in on her Chest area! And the Two striped ones are Barred Rock X Delaware mixes from my main birds...

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

And A Shot Of my ChiXPug mix Katie

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the Pictures!

Now for genetics..... Which Roo should I put over which Hens to try and achieve babies that will come out looking closer to

"Lemon Boy"?????

Last edited:
I love allthe pix!And espeically that little Katie her ears and tail are great!!I think I like the buff/blue the best.I have a little mix chick that is maybe 2m old I think it is a cockrel but he is blue and bufff is coming in like yours.THey could almost be related.

I might be able to keep both, depending on how Noisy these Cochins can Be. I was wondering what you Genetic Gurus think about what girls should Go to Which Roo????

I think they're very pretty birds, but I can't see them ever getting to the genotype that is 'usually' necessary to attain lemon blue.
The colour generally known as lemon blue is gold blue birchen which is quite a simple colour but it has a particular genotype. Without certain genes it will not really be lemon blue.

Aww thats depressing that you didn't get any lemon blues. Maybe you'll get lucky and the blue one with color coming in with change to look more like Lemon Boy.
smile.png

I will be really really sad if I get eggs and none come out lemon blue. Darn genetics. lol

Beautiful birds anyway.

Back
Top Bottom