Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

The bird in the little pic looks almost like a blue buff columbian. The bird looks a generation or two on from a buff cross blue.
From the birds in the pics, you could try using your sort of gold splash columbian type male, he looks to be heading in the direction of a splash version of the bird in the little pic. You could try him on the female with the gold on her breast. It is not possible to tell what the solid colour birds might carry. Perhaps the above mentioned male on all of the related females & see what happens?

Come on everyone. Post some pictures of your birds. I know there was a lot of people who gots chicks. We want to see them all grown up.
tongue.png

Okay, here's a dumb question (sorry), lemon blue comes from putting a buff roo over a blue hen? I am illiterate when it comes to genetics so again I apologize for the question.
smile.png

Quote:
Lanissa,

I just this minute found this thread!!!! I have 7 babies in the grow-out pen. Two look like they "may" develop into something nice. Remember, it takes MONTHS for the final color to come through. I just now have one of my blue cockerels from the March 31st hatch starting to show some Buff in his hackles.

I will try & get some pics in the next few days. We are buried in the harvest so the days are long & I'm OLD!!!!

Hi Lynn!! I am super excited you Found this thread!!! Hopefully we can keep this one open and talk more of everyones' Progress.
celebrate.gif

I was so sad to see the other thread close!
hit.gif

I am Hoping my Blue Boy develops more color later on.
fl.gif
When did you notice they start crowing? My boys are 14 weeks old and I haven't even heard them attempt to start! But they do try to get the ladies' attention. Hopefully they will be mellow on the crowing so I can keep them both...
fl.gif

Quote:
My Roos from the March 31st hatch aren't crowing yet. HOWEVER, if they take after their Daddy, they are loud!

Here are a few pics I took this mornning of the two chicks that look like they might have something going...

18946_lemon_blue_8-14-09_005.jpg

8 week old cockerel

18946_lemon_blue_8-14-09_006.jpg

6 week old cockerel

18946_lemon_blue_8-14-09_001.jpg

OOh! Very Handsome Boys! Can't wait to see what they turn out looking like!! Well, Loud is okay as long as they aren't as bad as my last leghorn boy who did not know when to STOP! lol

Hi everyone,

Here are some updated pics of two of the chicks I hatched this summer.

18946_mari_lemon_blue_012.jpg

Cockerel

18946_mari_lemon_blue_002.jpg

Catherine

As many of you know, I had a HUGE wait list for hatching eggs. Now that the weather has cooled, I have resumed shipping. I have contacted the majority of people on the wait list & as we all know, Life sometimes gets in the way of Living....
smile.png
Many have opted to wait until Spring.

I will have a dozen eggs available to ship on Sept. 14th. If anyone is interested, just PM me & they are yours.

I hope everyone had a great summer. As for me, I'm looking forward to some cool weather. I would love to see pics of everyone's birds as they are maturing. I have two more chicks that are coloring up very nicely. As soon as they get rid of their teenage feathers, I'll post some pics.

OMG!!! I thought I was the only one with what I like to call "Bluff" cochins! My family sometimes call them patchworks. I've got at least 10 hens that are buff/blue cochins. I will try to get some pics for you, but I'm on dial up so it takes work to do it. I've recently had a man stop and buy some. People seem to love the colorations. I always thought I was doing a bad
hide.gif
thing by letting them cross, but now I feel great about it!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Question? So if I am reading right you have to breed your blues to your buffs to get the color but nothing is proven that you can continue the color without breeding those two together?

In other words you can't breed the lemon blue to lemon blue that has come from above crossing and get lemon blue can you? Just asking wondering what the future breeding would have to take place to continue the color.

Back
Top Bottom