Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Bluffs is a cute name
big_smile.png
wwmicasa1, those birds have awesome foot feathering!

In other words you can't breed the lemon blue to lemon blue that has come from above crossing and get lemon blue can you? Just asking wondering what the future breeding would have to take place to continue the color.

The confusion is in the name. The colour generally known, in the poultry world, as lemon blue is, as has been said, blue colour replacing black on what is essentially a brown red, i.e. blue gold birchen.

The birds being referred to here as "lemon blue" appear to be from an initial cross between blue & buff. It is unlikely they would ever be stabilised to the point that they would breed true to the point of consistently reproducing the colour of the initial cross.

I agree "Bluff" is a great name for the colour.
wink.png

Last edited:
OK, so I guess mine aren't related to the lemons, dad is Buff and Mom is Blue. This is the result of my "Bluffs"

Your bluffs are very pretty. Their colour would not usually be described as lemon blue. None of the pictures posted on this thread are the colour usually meant by lemon blue.

This does not mean a lot. It's just hobby names. People have often taken the name of an existing colour & applied it to different colour.. Eventually, to the confusion of many, it may become that one name can be applied to a variety of different colours. there are many such examples: partridge, spangled, porcelain, & more. Then there are times when basically the same colour is given different names in various breeds.....such as mille fleur, speckled, jubilee or light & columbian etc.​

I got my 8 "lemon blue' and 12 Mille Fleur Cochin eggs in the mail today from Lynne.

She is a wonderful lady to buy from, and did a great packing job!

I'm so excited.

I don't really care if they aren't true lemon blue. They are beautiful, and I'm super happy to get them. Can't wait to put them in the bator tomorrow. Hope I get a great hatch with my new Brinsea!

fl.gif

Quote:
I was so glad to hear the eggs arrived & are in good shape. Thank you so much for the kind words. I have my fingers crossed for a great hatch. Please keep us all posted on the progress!!

Back
Top Bottom