Lemon Blue Pekin

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DreadElliot, Aug 10, 2011.

1. DreadElliot

DreadElliot Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Coventry, RI
    Can I mix these little guys with larger breeds?
    Arey they cold hardy? Can I leave them out in the coop for the winter?
    Does anyone have comments, concerns, problems with these?

2. DreadElliot

May 19, 2011
    Coventry, RI
    bump

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Please don't bump your own thread. [​IMG]

Are you talking about Lemon Blue Cochins? I know in the UK they're called Pekins. [​IMG]

If so, I know a few people that have them on her LF and Bantam varietys. Go to the Cochin Thread on BYC and find some breeders there to get birds from. I should think they'd be able to mix with other breeds. I have Bantams and Large Fowl chickens together, and they get along just fine. If your winters are very cold and snowy I would think it would be okay to leave them in the coop. Just make sure they have enough room, otherwise they will get bored and start pecking eachother, etc.

~ Aspen

4. DreadElliot

May 19, 2011
    Coventry, RI
    Sorry for the bump. Thank you for answering my question.
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Please don't bump your own thread. [​IMG]

Are you talking about Lemon Blue Cochins? I know in the UK they're called Pekins. [​IMG]

If so, I know a few people that have them on her LF and Bantam varietys. Go to the Cochin Thread on BYC and find some breeders there to get birds from. I should think they'd be able to mix with other breeds. I have Bantams and Large Fowl chickens together, and they get along just fine. If your winters are very cold and snowy I would think it would be okay to leave them in the coop. Just make sure they have enough room, otherwise they will get bored and start pecking eachother, etc.

~ Aspen​

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Your Welcome 'Hun. [​IMG]

~ Aspen
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by