Lending Chickens

Isabella6Storm4

Free Ranging
Oct 4, 2022
Ardonia
My Grandfather wants silver laced wyandottes in his flock and came over today to ask if i would lend him my two SLW hens for a week or two. They would be in a separate cage thing.
My question is, what should i be concerned about if anything. My hens are on a layers feed and his only get corn. His are also pretty sickly so im worried about cross-contamination with sicknesess.
Another thing is, if i give them to him, should i also give him at least 2 leghorns for company and that way he can tell the difference between the eggs? I've never done this before so i have no clue what this intales or if it should even be done. He just want SLW eggs for incubation.

My Grandfather wants silver laced wyandottes in his flock and came over today to ask if i would lend him my two SLW hens for a week or two. They would be in a separate cage thing.
My question is, what should i be concerned about if anything. My hens are on a layers feed and his only get corn. His are also pretty sickly so im worried about cross-contamination with sicknesess.
Another thing is, if i give them to him, should i also give him at least 2 leghorns for company and that way he can tell the difference between the eggs? I've never done this before so i have no clue what this intales or if it should even be done. He just want SLW eggs for incubation.
That stinks you are between a rock and a hard place. I would not do it but offer to just give the eggs. Hope he doesn’t get upset

I definitely wouldn't give him your hens. His conditions are far from ideal, I wouldn't want my bird in that scenario, plus it would be a risk for your other birds once they return to you, if he returns them that is. I personally wouldn't even give him eggs, knowing where the birds I produce will end up living

Back
Top Bottom