Leopard Geckos for sale * SOLD*

what was the in temp if it was over 85 its a male under a female 85 even 50/50 chance on either ya might be able to tell flip it over and check for the pores above the vent!

I did check for pores, they look like girls to me but I cant make sure because lol one of my girls I was so sure about turned out to be a boy....I Guess he has..small pores rofl...

Though when he got older his pores was more define

u have paypal. the kid's r really excited!!
wee.gif
will post my questions i had about mine in just a sec.
thanks,
mary

ok, tried to take pics after 20 different batteries and good pics now ports won't work to unload cam,lol.
barnie.gif

my first question is someone asked if ur's u had r normal carrot tails(i believe that's the words)? i thought a leopard was a leopard. can u tell me what kind of leopards mine r or what coloration they r called?

and #2- i'm sure there is 2 sexes but who is male and who is female? what age r they to become breeders, how do u know when pregnant?

this is randle leigh, pic was taken in may when first brought home from pet store. this one is the smaller of the 2 has a bigger belly and eats more and now everytime i hold her pees on me,lol. under the tail it looks like a little line going side to side, like a little slit in skin. she does have white spots when u look at her belly, belly looks different.

HPIM2035.jpg

smiley, looks like the girls u will be sending( but he is mostly orange with like 2 gray stripes which have 2 drk gray lines on them). there is a few white bands around neck. at base of tail is like little real dark orange thin lines. and he has alternateing tail colors like last pic of girl u posted but with drk gray markings. he is bigger than randle more longer, i bought him about 2 weeks after and think he is the male. under his tail looks like dips or bumps u cannot see that line like on the other. this one is a little more fiesty.

so with all that said can anyone help me to answer any of my questions? any help would be greatly appreciated. if i can get this dino comp to work again i'll post pics of them once i can upload to show what they both lok like now.
thank you!!!
silkie

Quote:
There are many different coloration of leopard geckos, some more rare then others. The one you have is an albino leopard gecko and it has a recessive gene. If bread with a regular gecko their babies would look like a regular one.

To sex: if you turn your leopard gecko with its leg facing up and look at its ..the V shaped pores between their belly and their backlegs which is just in front of the vent(both male and female has this)..males have larger pores and two swellings at their tail base and females have smaller pores. you can search Male/female leopard geckos and it will have pictures on how to tell them apart.

Breeding geckos is not simply age factor. I breed mine when the male is mature and when the female is about a year old, even two years when necessary(to really make sure they are at best production and health) ..it is important that females are around 40+ grams. To know she is pregnant,you turn her over and will see swelling on her belly and an outline of the eggs. You will then need to prepare a laying box for her. Dont put the female and male together unless your ready to breed them and researched how to do it, excessive egg laying can kill your girl and you dont want that
tongue.png

If you can turn the geckos over and take a pic I can help you identify female or male
smile.png

Last edited:
thank u so much for the info!! i am net searching and doing some more studying up on them.

the pet store didn't tell us much about them at all unfortunately. they said there was no way to tell except when older male would be bigger than the female and they don't sex them just sell them.

according to what u wrote our guesses where right the albino is the female and smiley is the male, lol i didn't know how to write it. since we got them about 2 weeks apart and they were both babies we have always had them together since we got the second one. should they be seperated? they get along with no probs we kept them together for company since so young.

i'd love for them to breed eventually they r very gorgous and facinateing little sweeties but not before they r ready. so if they need seperated please let me know. the new ones will be kept seperated in different tanks.
thanks,
silkie

Back
Top Bottom