Lav_Mottled031.jpg

Lav_Mottled041.jpg

Lav_Mottled030.jpg

Lav_Mottled037.jpg

Lav_Mottled001.jpg

Lav_Mottled011.jpg

Lav_Mottled020.jpg

Lav_Mottled006.jpg

Such eye candy. Now when you say Lester Jr., is this the one taking Lester's place? Is he out of a black hen? Other than disposition, do you consider his type better than Lester? Are you culling lavender hens, or are you still going to breed all the stock you have and then start culling next generation?

Im so full of questions, arent I!

Thanks everyone!

Halo - love your questions. lol He is one of several cockerels we kept to decide who is best to replace Lester (we'll probably select two). His color is better and I do believe he will be heavier than Lester based on his current size. His personality is much better so far. Yes, he is from a split black/lav hen. We are still culling and this is a just one of the groups. Once they're all grown out, we'll make some final selections on hens and roosters for next generation breeding. There is still much work to be done and I'll be introducing a new black line in next year as well to continue our work on conformation and to ensure genetic diversity as we continue our development towards lavender orps.

Jody, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. This is such a fascinating project; Im sure everyone is so grateful that you have taken the time to share your journey, from the very first baby picture of Lester, to this fabulous group you have.

How fun is this??

Back
Top Bottom