Let me introduce myself

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
highfive.gif

Welcome!  I'm also interested in the CCL breed.  Auto sexing and blue eggs all in one!  Unfortunately I don't have any yet and DH would shoot me if I spent that kind of money on chickens!  So for now I'll have to wait!

I bought eggs off ebay and hatched them that was last year! At that time I had Black Jersey Giants a few of them getting fairly elderly, two Buff Orpingtons that have a little age on them, and 8 Peafowl, all of which I bought eggs and hatched. the JGs I gave to my daughter. She has been trying to have chickens at her barn/house. She has had numerous breeds, had 1 roo that was her buddy, followed her everywhere and tried Guineafowl. nothing ever lasted, she lives in the edge of woods and has predator problems. She has tried everything to keep them safe. So far so good. The BJGs are big enough to not get taken by owls or hawks.

My CCLs are a year old now and laying up a storm. One group is laying blue eggs and the other smaller group is laying bluegreen eggs. I have 10 chicks out of 10 eggs out of my flock. They are 2 weeks old now. 7 pullets and 3 cockerels. I am paying more attention this time to the chicks, although originally I didn't plan on keeping any of them. A lady had contacted me about buying 1 or 2 chicks, said she lived close enough she could drive and come and pick them up. So far she hasn't showed up LOL.

I plan on joining the CCL club and have been on the CCL list reading and reading..Not stalking LOl just trying to absorb everything!

Thanks for the welcome..

Back
Top Bottom