Let me see those coops

Here's mine.

It's unique features:

1. It's most from free upcycled materials or materials I already had lying around. Steel pallet racking uprights. Aluminum square tubing base. Aluminum storm door. Glass and stainless steel roof. Painted plywood.

2. I've hacked 2 Chamberlain garage door openers to automatically lift up 2 doors...one of which is the 20 pound glass on the storm door.

3. The coop is blacked out inside to control their sleeping. I do not want them awake at 5 am due to possible noise issues. They get up at 8 am everyday and it's working out great. I've started automating some supplemental lights for lost daylight.
Yes, I'm aware of ventilation and check on it everyday. Adjustments will be made if necessary.

Attachments

• PXL_20220615_023756233.jpg
    PXL_20220615_023756233.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 7
Here's mine.

It's unique features:

1. It's most from free upcycled materials or materials I already had lying around. Steel pallet racking uprights. Aluminum square tubing base. Aluminum storm door. Glass and stainless steel roof. Painted plywood.

2. I've hacked 2 Chamberlain garage door openers to automatically lift up 2 doors...one of which is the 20 pound glass on the storm door.

3. The coop is blacked out inside to control their sleeping. I do not want them awake at 5 am due to possible noise issues. They get up at 8 am everyday and it's working out great. I've started automating some supplemental lights for lost daylight.
Yes, I'm aware of ventilation and check on it everyday. Adjustments will be made if necessary.
This is beautiful - it looks like an aviary.

This is my chicken coop. I've also purchased an Xpen that I've put around it to give them some more run space when I want them contained, but it is open at the top unless I have shade cloth on it. My hens are free rangers, so if the weather isn't too hot, I leave the doors open. This coop is available at Tractor Supply, and I was lucky to purchase it last winter before I had chickens, it was $100 off, already assembled, and an employee put it in his truck bed after work and delivered it to me for $20, and placed it on the side of my house. Too good of a deal to pass up! When I got my chicks in the spring, everything was ready for them. I'm finding it perfect in every way! During hot nights, we're in the high desert of NM, I close them up in the actual penned coop area that is completely contained and can leave their door at the top of the ramp open for cooling air during the night. Also, they can wake up and come out for food before I wake up! And it's really cute, I think! :)

Attachments

• 20220331_174150.jpg
    20220331_174150.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220418_195826.jpg
    20220418_195826.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo Resizer 2022_04_22_06_48_24.jpg
    Photo Resizer 2022_04_22_06_48_24.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
5x8 mini coop up by the house.(actually a sanctuary for older or ailing chickens, never more than 1 -3 chickens in there) 12x14 coop with attached 12x10 run (main coop, 8 -11 chickens in here) nestled in the tree line. Both open air designs for dealing with our gruesome summers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200507_170351.jpg
    IMG_20200507_170351.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220329_160516.jpg
    IMG_20220329_160516.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 5
Here's mine.

It's unique features:

Your coop is beautiful - it really looks like an aviary.
5x8 mini coop up by the house.(actually a sanctuary for older or ailing chickens, never more than 1 -3 chickens in there) 12x14 coop with attached 12x10 run (main coop, 8 -11 chickens in here) nestled in the tree line. Both open air designs for dealing with our gruesome summers.
Both coops are beautiful and darling. Lucky chickens at your house! :)

The coop my hubby and I built. I love it because it is so easy to clean. And there is lots of ventilation. The last picture is old and as you can see, the run has been extended. I included the picture that way y'all can see how the front windows go in for the winter. I usually just put a plastic piece in the left window so the chickens still get lots of light in the winter. And don't mind the janky umbrella, we have it to shade the coop in the morning but it flipped inside out

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_205033019_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220609_205033019_HDR.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220517_194554674_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220517_194554674_HDR.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180709_202952.jpg
    20180709_202952.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 4
The coop my hubby and I built. I love it because it is so easy to clean. And there is lots of ventilation. The last picture is old and as you can see, the run has been extended. I included the picture that way y'all can see how the front windows go in for the winter. I usually just put a plastic piece in the left window so the chickens still get lots of light in the winter. And don't mind the janky umbrella, we have it to shade the coop in the morning but it flipped inside out
I love it, it's really nice looking. And I especially love the large door, it's human-sized! Your coop area is similar to mine, except it's taller, so I have to squat down and only put my upper body into the lower run area to clean. I'd love to have one that I can stand up in. Maybe next year... You and your hubby did a great job. :)

I love it, it's really nice looking. And I especially love the large door, it's human-sized! Your coop area is similar to mine, except it's taller, so I have to squat down and only put my upper body into the lower run area to clean. I'd love to have one that I can stand up in. Maybe next year... You and your hubby did a great job. :)
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom