Lethargic and Sunken Eyes!!

fatimastic

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
Pakistan
Roughly 2 month old Australorp pullet, who was very active before, is now suddenly lethargic.
I feed my chicks some snacks from my hands. Before, her pecking was extremely strong and today it was as if she didn't have half the power she used to have while pecking.

Her face and wattle also look discoloured and dis- pigmented.

I noticed that her eyes have also sunken in and when I left them to free range, she got separated from her flock easily.

Attachments

• 20201129_122519.jpg
    20201129_122519.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201129_122444.jpg
    20201129_122444.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 19
Roughly 2 month old Australorp pullet, who was very active before, is now suddenly lethargic.
I feed my chicks some snacks from my hands. Before, her pecking was extremely strong and today it was as if she didn't have half the power she used to have while pecking.

I noticed that her eyes have also sunken in and when I left them to free range, she got separated from her flock easily.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive
@Isaac 0

What's her poop like and what are you feeding?

Her eyes do look a bit different, was she vaccinated for Marek's? Does she seem to be able to see well?
I'll tag in @Eggcessive
I would keep watch on her, if she's lethargic then checking her crop to make sure it's emptying. You can try giving her a direct dose of poultry vitamins for a few days to see if that gives her a boost.

Her eyes do look a bit different, was she vaccinated for Marek's? Does she seem to be able to see well?
I'll tag in @Eggcessive
I would keep watch on her, if she's lethargic then checking her crop to make sure it's emptying. You can try giving her a direct dose of poultry vitamins for a few days to see if that gives her a boost.
Her recent poop was a bit foamy and slimy.
I don't believe she was vaccinated for Marek's.
She did get behind everyone else when I let them out for free range, so I am guessing she isn't able to see that well.
Her crop is emptying well and I just gave her and her pal raw eggyolk and they devoured it.
She seems to be keeping her left eye close and her right eye open.

Her recent poop was a bit foamy and slimy.
I don't believe she was vaccinated for Marek's.
She did get behind everyone else when I let them out for free range, so I am guessing she isn't able to see that well.
Her crop is emptying well and I just gave her and her pal raw eggyolk and they devoured it.
She seems to be keeping her left eye close and her right eye open.
When you get a chance, can you get some photos of her poop?

It's good that she ate for you.
You don't notice any discharge from the eye she's keeping closed do you?

When you get a chance, can you get some photos of her poop?

It's good that she ate for you.
You don't notice any discharge from the eye she's keeping closed do you?
No, I don't see any discharge.
I am treating the flock for Coccidiosis and tomorrow is the last day for their treatment.

Attachments

• 20201129_153648.jpg
    20201129_153648.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 16

I'll tag in @Eggcessive
We bought these vitamins today. Should I start this after their treatment for Coccidiosis?

Attachments

• 16066465410058855668315269745388.jpg
    16066465410058855668315269745388.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 16066465643248626695203730195297.jpg
    16066465643248626695203730195297.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 7
We bought these vitamins today. Should I start this after their treatment for Coccidiosis?
We are using dosage for curative. It's the 2nd time we are giving this to flush out the worms. So far, I didn't see any.
O.K. The Coxicure is to treat Coccidiosis which is caused by a protozoa, it will not flush out or treat for worms.

The vitamin won't hurt as long as you follow the dosing correctly. You can overdose when it comes to vitamin E and Selenium. I would find a B-Complex vitamin to give for a couple of days after treatment.

Since the Coxicure is a Sulfa drug I would also give probiotics or a little yogurt for a few days to help sooth the intestines.

Back
Top Bottom