Lethargic baby Chick

Emlomax76

Hatching
Apr 14, 2020
Hello!
I have a one week old baby chick that for the last day has been sluggish, constantly sleeping and non- active. (Her two nest-mates are all over the place!) She had some runny poo on her butt, which has been cleaned off. Otherwise she looks fine.
I am new to chicken owning so any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you,

Is she warm enough? Lethargy is often seen when they are too cold. Is she eating/drinking ok? If not, give a vitamin/electrolyte solution by dribbling it over her beak.
Since the other two are doing well she may simply be a 'failure to thrive' and will eventually pass.
Please keep us posted

Is she warm enough? Lethargy is often seen when they are too cold. Is she eating/drinking ok? If not, give a vitamin/electrolyte solution by dribbling it over her beak.
Since the other two are doing well she may simply be a 'failure to thrive' and will eventually pass.
Please keep us posted
Thank you for the information! Just picked up some Chick Boost. Hopefully helps!!

T
Hello!
I have a one week old baby chick that for the last day has been sluggish, constantly sleeping and non- active. (Her two nest-mates are all over the place!) She had some runny poo on her butt, which has been cleaned off. Otherwise she looks fine.
I am new to chicken owning so any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you,
The diarrhea (poopy butt) is not good...I would watch that carefully.
You can give them some yogurt to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom