Lethargic Chicken Can't Figure Out Why - Help Needed

I’m in Alabama. This past week it’s actually been much cooler than usual so I don’t think it’s heat (that and this is my only one acting this way). About two weeks ago we did have a hen die of acute sepsis (thankfully not this case otherwise she would be gone already) but they tested for coccidiose and it came back negative. I’ve been considering treating her anyway but I don’t know if it would be more beneficial to do that or an antibiotic. It won’t let me attach the video but usually her eyes are closed and she’s not interested in much. I will say it isn’t that bad and I’ve expected it to get worse over the past 6 days but it’s pretty much stayed the same. I’m definitely going to pick up some calcium citrate and D3 to add in with the baths and see if that helps.
Its not the heat then.
You may not need to treat for cocci then.
The calcium citrate +D3 is a tablet and goes straight in the mouth.

Her tail position is down, and that may be from an egg issue, infection, or just feeling bad. Her crop looks full in the picture. Can you feel it, and see if it is full and firm or puffy soft? Pictures of droppings might be helpful if any start looking different. Can you offer some scrambled egg bits, and I add a little water to any food to get more fluids into them. I would be tempted to give her calcium citrate with vitamin D3 to see if she is having trouble passing an egg. Also if you have amoxicillin, you could give her 125-250 mg twice a day orally.
It’s mostly just her feather fluff from me waking her up in the picture I think. I’ve been checking her crop and it doesn’t feel abnormal just mostly empty. I’ve offered scrambled eggs and egg yolks the past couple of days and she’s happily eaten them. I don’t have amoxicillin but I do have clindamycin from when my ducks had a respiratory infection a while ago along with Tylan if either of those would help?

Update: since bringing her inside full time, I have been getting some odd poops. At first they were somewhat normal like this but had a few little blood spots. I was already treating for coccidiose so I thought if it wasn’t her shedding stomach lining, then it’ll get better with corid and I’m on the right track
1833C95C-27B5-4A9C-A800-AA29F26AE033.jpeg

It has now turned into the below pictures. Very clumpy and green (I know that’s likely stomach bile). I thought I convinced myself there was a ring worm in her poop but I can’t decide if it’s a dead one or just mucus. Also, it has quite a bit of muscus and yellow fluid. She still hasn’t laid an egg. I think she has been a little stressed out being away from her friends but she’s still eating and has been taking the calcium citrate + d3 and also the corid. Do you all still think that’s the best course or is there something else wrong?
1E158DE0-13CD-4D0A-8451-357BDA260C2E.jpeg
1068E6C6-E769-49EB-A589-D9B83989733D.jpeg
DBC9204B-8591-452E-B794-5F937E1F2E8C.jpeg

Update: since bringing her inside full time, I have been getting some odd poops. At first they were somewhat normal like this but had a few little blood spots. I was already treating for coccidiose so I thought if it wasn’t her shedding stomach lining, then it’ll get better with corid and I’m on the right track View attachment 3257783
It has now turned into the below pictures. Very clumpy and green (I know that’s likely stomach bile). I thought I convinced myself there was a ring worm in her poop but I can’t decide if it’s a dead one or just mucus. Also, it has quite a bit of muscus and yellow fluid. She still hasn’t laid an egg. I think she has been a little stressed out being away from her friends but she’s still eating and has been taking the calcium citrate + d3 and also the corid. Do you all still think that’s the best course or is there something else wrong?View attachment 3257794View attachment 3257795View attachment 3257796
Not sure what's going on, has she improved at all?

Not sure what's going on, has she improved at all?
I would say about the same. I think she is getting pretty lonely and a little dehydrated. I started giving her water through a dropper to make sure she’s at least getting some more water. I don’t really see an improvement or decline at this point.

How much Corid are you using in her water? Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of water of the liquid Corid. Have you started any amoxicillin? Is a vet possible to do a fecal float? Is she drinking or eating? She must drink the Corid water to get enough. You can give some undiluted Corid orally 1/2 ml once or twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom