Lethargic chicken throwing up water

Cj08005

In the Brooder
May 17, 2019
my chicken has been throwing up water since this afternoon. She then became lethargic and wouldn’t go into the coop at night, she just laid on the ground and wouldn’t move when trying to pick her up. She can barely hold her head up and throws up water when her head is down. What does this mean???

my chicken has been throwing up water since this afternoon. She then became lethargic and wouldn’t go into the coop at night, she just laid on the ground and wouldn’t move when trying to pick her up. She can barely hold her head up and throws up water when her head is down. What does this mean???
How old is she?
What breed?
When did she last lay?
Can you post a picture of her?
Have you check crop function, full at night, empty in the morning?
Have you checked between her legs under her vent for fluid build up?

How old is she?
What breed?
When did she last lay?
Can you post a picture of her?
Have you check crop function, full at night, empty in the morning?
Have you checked between her legs under her vent for fluid build up?
She is around 3 years old, a rhode island red, and not too sure- when checking her vent there was nothing and her abdomen was not hard. Her crop is empty, but this afternoon is was full, but then threw everything up.

She is around 3 years old, a rhode island red, and not too sure- when checking her vent there was nothing and her abdomen was not hard. Her crop is empty, but this afternoon is was full, but then threw everything up.
I would isolate her in a crate and check her crop in the morning before she's had anything to eat or drink to see if it's empty. You will also be able to examine her overnight poops.

Back
Top Bottom