Lethargic duckling with neck contracted against body

Pekins are notorious for having muscle health issues has she had any trouble getting around at all? Other than seeing a vet only thing I can think of is Liquid B complex it does wonders for our water fowl. Seems if it was a disease others would be showing symptoms also. Can you post some poop pics? Is she eating or having trouble?

@Miss Lydia
She seems like she’s having trouble getting around. She had diarrhea when I first took her out of her crate but hasn’t pooped since. It almost seems like she had her whole body puffed up at well...and her breathing is a lot more audible.

Attachments

• 2AA2581A-0C92-4A6A-BBEA-CDBCD21CD27A.jpeg
    2AA2581A-0C92-4A6A-BBEA-CDBCD21CD27A.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 12
Honestly see looks sick. I really think if you can do it a vet should look at her. Can you hear rattling when she breathes? Any discharge from nares? From here her eyes look clear. All the other ducks are not showing any signs of distress ? A poop pic would be good when you can get one. @casportpony may have some ideas.

@Miss Lydia
I have a vet appointment Saturday, that’s the earliest anyone could see us. No discharge from nose...maybe a slight rattle. Her neck feels very very warm. I just gave her some nutridrench as I had that on hand. I have Tylan powder but it’s dosed for a gallon on water, so not sure how much to give. And I also have injectable penicillin. And she just pooped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 13
Also, I lost a 3 yr old duck a month ago to an unknown illness (shakes, nasal discharge, difficulty breathing, lethargy, and unable to hold her head up) but these ducklings were not near her. And the ducklings currently are not with my adults and can only see them from a small peephole in the fence.

Back
Top Bottom