Lethargic duckling with neck contracted against body

Ok guys so I just found under both of her wings are sores, wounds, and missing feathers. I wondering if she had a systemic infection. What can I give her til I get her to the vet?

@Miss Lydia
I drove an hour to the exotic animal vet. They just called...she has scoliosis and it is pinching her nerve. This morning when I woke up she was unable to walk and could only lay on her back. So steroids and tube feeding until she recovers.

@Miss Lydia
I drove an hour to t the exotic animal vet an
Bless her heart! I am glad they were able to figure it out. This sounds like a long-term issue, though. What are you planning to do?

Vet believes she will recover, believes she is having symptoms from the scoliosis due to her growing so fast. You wouldn’t know she is a 6 week old duckling. She is almost as large as my 3 year old pekin. So we are going to give her steroids and hopefully it will decrease the swelling and I will tube feed her until she is able to stand and eat and drink on her own.

So quick update, vet’s office showed me how to tube feed (hopefully I can do it) . Once I got her home I did get her to drink water and eat a little food with assistance. And now she’s resting...it may look odd but I believe it’s the most comfortable position for her as she seems most relaxed when she’s like this. Keep praying for her!

Attachments

• CF005744-8063-44C0-B98A-573212F5676A.jpeg
    CF005744-8063-44C0-B98A-573212F5676A.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom