Lethargic duckling with neck contracted against body

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Pekins are notorious for having muscle health issues has she had any trouble getting around at all? Other than seeing a vet only thing I can think of is Liquid B complex it does wonders for our water fowl. Seems if it was a disease others would be showing symptoms also. Can you post some poop pics? Is she eating or having trouble?

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Honestly see looks sick. I really think if you can do it a vet should look at her. Can you hear rattling when she breathes? Any discharge from nares? From here her eyes look clear. All the other ducks are not showing any signs of distress ? A poop pic would be good when you can get one. @casportpony may have some ideas.

astrickler

Chirping
Aug 18, 2019
@Miss Lydia
I have a vet appointment Saturday, that’s the earliest anyone could see us. No discharge from nose...maybe a slight rattle. Her neck feels very very warm. I just gave her some nutridrench as I had that on hand. I have Tylan powder but it’s dosed for a gallon on water, so not sure how much to give. And I also have injectable penicillin. And she just pooped.

Attachments

astrickler

Chirping
Aug 18, 2019
Also, I lost a 3 yr old duck a month ago to an unknown illness (shakes, nasal discharge, difficulty breathing, lethargy, and unable to hold her head up) but these ducklings were not near her. And the ducklings currently are not with my adults and can only see them from a small peephole in the fence.

casportpony

Champion
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Jun 24, 2012
So sorry she is sick :hugs My best guess is that she has some sort of infection. Is she drinking water?

Top Bottom