Lethargic hen please help! (Chicken poop picture)

Aleah913

Chirping
Sep 4, 2020
Yesterday my hen seemed very tired and honestly hot, it was super hot out yesterday so I thought it was just the heat....this morning she started acting like she was egg bound so gave her a warm bath and checked her vent with Vaseline I can't feel an egg at all. My friend took a look at her and said she's not egg bound but she's having diarrhea, won't eat, barely drinking, I did give her some apple cider vinegar (when I thought she was egg bound) I heard it helps with all sorts of stuff, and she's just sleeping....I honestly have no clue what to do or what could be wrong...she is separated from the rest of the flock and the rest of my chickens and ducks are doing fine.

Attachments

• 20210607_190642.jpg
    20210607_190642.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 8
Overheating can be dangerous. Did you see her panting excessively? Does she have access right now to clean water? She should have recovered some appetite by now and wanted water, if she wasn't having other problems.

The poop photo unfortunately could be a result of the vinegar, so need to monitor more droppings to see if they return to normal. Overheating can cause loss of appetite and watery diarrea, but I haven't seen my chickens symptoms go beyond a few hours after getting the chicken out of the heat.

Your chicken may have been dehydrated in the nighttime, and then how did you administer the vinegar in the morning? Did she ever fill up with water? She could have gotten so hot that she didn't even want to drink, but then she should have cooled down and been very thirsty.

Back
Top Bottom