Lethargic hen?!?

Oct 31, 2023
Glen rock Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
I have this flock of laying hens or,rather my grandma does but anyway one of the laying hens has been lethargic and has been opening and closing her eye really slowly and the eye is kinda foggy and she has had a messy butt has been laying ugly looking warped eggs and has been having her neck tucked back and the typical sick pose.We have no real emotional attachment to these chickens since its not my pet flock and we cycle the laying hens out every year or so.so we are willing to euthanize her if that's what's best for her

First, clean her butt off. Epsom salt bath and clean her back area with soap and water.

How long has she been laying weird shaped eggs and how often? If it has not been for long and it is not all the time, it could be induced by stress. What is your chicken's living situation?

First, clean her butt off. Epsom salt bath and clean her back area with soap and water.

How long has she been laying weird shaped eggs and how often? If it has not been for long and it is not all the time, it could be induced by stress. What is your chicken's living situation?
We have 10(9hens 1roo) The living situation is pretty good it is a 10x15 run with a house in it and we let them out daily to peck and scratch and the hens arent tame at all

Back
Top Bottom