Lethargic hen?!?

I have this flock of laying hens or,rather my grandma does but anyway one of the laying hens has been lethargic and has been opening and closing her eye really slowly and the eye is kinda foggy and she has had a messy butt has been laying ugly looking warped eggs and has been having her neck tucked back and the typical sick pose.We have no real emotional attachment to these chickens since its not my pet flock and we cycle the laying hens out every year or so.so we are willing to euthanize her if that's what's best for her
Photos of the eggs, the hen and her poop would be helpful.

Sounds like she may be having some reproductive difficulties. You can try giving her Extra Calcium for a few days to see if that helps.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Closing the eye and the eye being foggy - it would be good to see that. Perhaps she has Marek's disease, hard to know.

Photos of the eggs, the hen and her poop would be helpful.

Sounds like she may be having some reproductive difficulties. You can try giving her Extra Calcium for a few days to see if that helps.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Closing the eye and the eye being foggy - it would be good to see that. Perhaps she has Marek's disease, hard to know.
I will try to take photos today,but she has stopped laying the eggs?🤔

Back
Top Bottom