Lethargic weak chicken

Zuniganancy

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2021
My Orpington is about 3 years old. We noticed a few days ago she was alone, not eating much, head tucked into her body and eyes closing. When I picked her up she felt like bones. She’s lost a lot of weight. I thought she might be egg-boundView attachment 3018325View attachment 3018327 so I sat her in warm epsom salt water for 20 minutes and nothing happened. I cleaned her butt area while in the water. Placed her back in the kennel and she pooped watery but normal. Her poop is now brown and liquidity. It smells really bad. She hadn’t eaten the first day I brought her in and isolated her. The second day she ate but has not passed her food. Her crop is now half full. We gave her water and forced her to vomit but all that would come out is small bits and the water we gave her. We did that twice but nothing has come up. Her crop is still half full, we gave her apple cider vinegar yesterday and massaged her crop. She still had the same brown strong smell poop. Today we gave her olive oil and massaged her crop. I’m not sure what else to do. She’s the only one sick. The feed store recommended corid but before I do that I wanted to ask y’all’s opinion. What else should I do?View attachment 3018328

Does she have mites maybe? Chickens can lose a lot of weight if they have that and die if worse comes to worse. If she has a stuck egg she will be squatting and trying to pass it as well. Fluff out her feathers and waddle..

IMG_20220308_142418_862.jpg

Does she have mites maybe? Chickens can lose a lot of weight if they have that and die if worse comes to worse. If she has a stuck egg she will be squatting and trying to pass it as well. Fluff out her feathers and waddle..
No mites. Just checked her again. She’s not squatting, she’s been laying down

Back
Top Bottom