Lets get this started! Day 9/7 (uh oh!) PG 3

Okay PC is sending me some water wigglers YAY!
ya.gif

But my duck eggs really need to go in tonight, so I am going to make a tempary
water wiggler until his arrive, so I took a small ziplock bag filled it with water and tied it
up with some rubber bands, im wating for it to dry a little bit because the insides sorts
wet from filling the bag, I tryed it and I dont know if im trusting it.
idunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Mels eggs today
wee.gif

Except two of them cracked oh well.

I will set the eggs tommrow I am trying to set my duck eggs today getting everything regulated right now.
jumpy.gif

Melanie if your reading this: What are the eggs with the "3" looking thing on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they actually weeping or just sweating? If it is just sweat, or moisture that is condensing on them that is fine. If there are a few little spots here and there that are wet you will want to take them out. These I have found in the past will break and make a mess. Make sure though that they are not just collecting moisture because they were cool and the humidity is a little high in the bator. I have had both things happen. I guess the best way to put it is if the whole egg is wet they they will dry out and be fine. If there are just a couple spots that are wet then there are small holes and these will crack and make a mess. Jenn

Glad you got the eggs - If 2 cracked they must have been playing football with the box.
I have never had any one tell me thay had cracked eggs in those special cartons before.

Were the duck eggs Cold when you put them in???

You should let eggs warm up to room empature this time of year so they do not have such a tempature shock...

I never had good luck hatching duck eggs with silkie eggs.
The duck eggs take 28 days to hatch and need a higher moisture level than silkie eggs do.

GOOD LUCK!

Candle those duck eggs as soon as you can. 5/6 days and toss the bad ones so they do not contaminate any good eggs.

Back
Top Bottom