Lets hear it....Why don't you sell hatching eggs???

I sell most all my eggs, that's how I make money. People in my area won't pay much for chicks regardless of the breed. However, a friend of mine told me the other day that he doesn't sell hatching eggs from his birds because he's afraid someone will hatch a bird that will beat his in a show. Personally, I'd be ecstatic if a bird from my birds beat me, but to each their own I guess.

I do sell hatching eggs but will not ship them they must be within driving distance.

My last batch that I bought came from ebay and some were upside down in the carton some had the type of chicken written on the end opposite the air cell. That batch was a poor hatch. All my BYC bought eggs have been good to great hatches except one and they almost blew up in my bator in the first week which tells me they were not fresh at the least.

Because mine are all mutts. We just recently seperated the white leghorns, and can just now claim pure breed. But we need to hatch them ourselves more than we need to sell them.

Right now I don't because I have too many breeds running together
smile.png
But next year I MIGHT sell Delawares but I would prefer to sell locally with live birds...then there is no question as to what people get...they saw it themselves!

Quote:
that is a good idea...... it would be nice for them to inquire about packing before they bid on the auction though.

I only give my eggs away, unless I am selling them to local teachers for school projects. Then I only charge them what I sell eatin' eggs for, because the teachers have to come pick them up
big_smile.png

I don't sell eggs because I don't want to have to deal with the cr@p from buyers who 1) don't know how to properly incubate eggs; 2) don't have enough knowledge about genetics to realize that occasionally you're going to hatch an off colored chick (though they've been warned); 3) don't follow the recommendations to allow the eggs to "sit" in the bator for 3 days WITHOUT the turner on so that air cells may reattach; and 4) the inability to "block" certain buyers on BYC.

I give away eggs to people I KNOW are serious breeders; do sell some that can be hand delivered; but the majority of my extra eggs that I just don't have the room to hatch---get fed back to the birds.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
that is a good idea...... it would be nice for them to inquire about packing before they bid on the auction though.

True, but you can adjust your handling fee to take nit-noid annoying people into account
big_smile.png

I had someone get really mad at me because they thought a heating pad would work. I thought it was self explanatory because I said for hatching in an incubator. Oh well, no more e-bay.

Quote:
and if I may say ---- I have been blessed with a Bat Cave Egg Gift that was the most wonderful thing in the world --- Our first hatch in the new bator , it was such a learning experence.
love.gif
me some Sandy .

Back
Top Bottom