Let's plan a Quail egg hatch... set 'em Sept. 1, hatch 'em Sept 17-19+

we're almost there! I may have 20 by that point! is it bad that i am considering not showing the quail i want to get eggs from now all for the sake of 1 days worth of eggs?! lol

Quote:
Heck, I've got a big batch of Bobs hatchin' right not, another next Tuesday, and another the next Tuesday......and bout done run out of livin' quarters. Ifn' you were close, I'd fix you right right up with some GG's.......

I tried to get in on the hatch off....My schedule would have been a mess if I had waited, so I started mine on the 28th.
hmm.png

Quote:
not at all, were you thinking about taking em to the fair... keep her home safe and sound...

Well entries were made 2 or 3 weeks ago, and i have 2 or 3 dozen quail to choose from, but 90% are jumbo browns... i wanted to show colors too so people know i have them ya know? I may still yet, we'll see how i feel by tonight (and how many eggs i have lol ha!) have 15 now.

As for the bunch that are due the 5th... man somethings rotten in denmark! had to go through them all and pulled out 2 stinkers! got them into a ziplock bag and bam one exploded, glad that didn't happen when i was turning them
ep.gif
On the plus side looks like 26 are still kicking, 27 if you count the slacker. I ended up pulling 9 more today and there are 6? i think that aren't looking likely to hatch. If i get 25 i'll be happy.

As for the slacker i've never had this before... they are due to hatch on the 5th yet this thing looks like a week old! what the heck!? still alive and swimming

I have a question... This is my first time storing my hatching eggs in the wine cooler, at 60 degrees.
Can I set them in the incubator directly from the cooler? Or leave them out to get to room temperature before setting them?

Back
Top Bottom