Let's Post Finch Pics!

Hi! I don't actually own any Finches but I clean area funeral homes. The one home has a gorgeous aviary with 10 adult finches and 2 babies. I've never cared for "inside" birds but have 60+ assorted chickens outside. Part of my new job is caring for these birds and I'm learning. Somewhere online it gives you a calculator where you multiply the dimensions to come up with how many birds is the "right number". According to the dimension of my aviary I can have 6 - 8 birds and there are 12. And always have been for over 10 years. (I've only been caring for theses for 2 weeks)
My question is how can I safely clean the aviary? Do I remove the birds? And with what do I use as a disinfectant? Thanks

You will need to put the birds into another cage. Cleaning doesn't require disinfecting -- I use dishwashing detergent on a scrubbing sponge for my bird's cage. Unless you are able to hose the cage down to rinse everything off, don't bother with anything stronger.

:)

O have

4 Blue back Gouldians
40 Greend back Gouldians
1 Green Singer
3 Orange Weavers
3 Owl Finches
2 Javas
2 Orioles
2 cuttroath finches
2 Shaft tail finches
12 zebra Finches
1 parrot finch
2 Manikin finches
1 paradise wydagh
3 yellow back Gouldians
And 5 other finches

O have

4 Blue back Gouldians
40 Greend back Gouldians
1 Green Singer
3 Orange Weavers
3 Owl Finches
2 Javas
2 Orioles
2 cuttroath finches
2 Shaft tail finches
12 zebra Finches
1 parrot finch
2 Manikin finches
1 paradise wydagh
3 yellow back Gouldians
And 5 other finches

Can you post some pictures? I just love these birds and wish I had room for some at home, that's why I'm so happy to be able to care for them at work. :)

Back
Top Bottom