Let's Post Finch Pics!

as i dont have any pictures of my finches and canaries .... i can tell you what i've got.

i have:

2 greensinging finches
6 lemon breasted canaries (rare finches that were imported this year from africa)
8 Blue cap cordon bleus
6 owl (Bicheno) finches
1 European goldfinch
5 goldbreasted waxbills
7 American Singer Canaries

i have a bird shed with a double breeding cage / flights, and 2 outside flights (4' x 12' x 8') which i use to breed the finches.
my favorite is the canaries (as i was raise up with music in my house... and i love their song)

don

No, I just have one pair and they aren't for sale. There is someone near Northgate (Seattle) that has Gouldians for sale, he posts on Craigslist frequently (but rarely answers phone messages! :) )

Last edited:
Lol, the "Beeps" in my BYC name refers to the beeping vocals of Zebra finches. I call my Zebras the "gateway birds"! I love Knightly and Rochester with their happy, busy little presence, their beautiful markings (wish I could share a pic, I'm computer illiterate) and the georgeous color of their beaks and feet. Enjoyed those boys so much that I decided I needed a bird that is a bit more physically interactive...enter Fanny the parakeet, pure yellow but for a pale wash of green under her tail feathers and a real charmer.

Living with these sweet birds, starting my mornings so cheerfully and smiling at their antics and personalities, of course, I remembered an old dream of chickens and eggs...Emily, Anne & Charlotte (Barred Rocks), and Bessie & Agnes (RIRs) are three and a half weeks old and entirely enchanting :)

Oh! I would love a couple of Orange Cheeked Waxbill finches, such a pretty song.

My four zebra finches 2 males 2 females

as i dont have any pictures of my finches and canaries .... i can tell you what i've got.

i have:

2 greensinging finches
6 lemon breasted canaries (rare finches that were imported this year from africa)
8 Blue cap cordon bleus
6 owl (Bicheno) finches
1 European goldfinch
5 goldbreasted waxbills
7 American Singer Canaries

i have a bird shed with a double breeding cage / flights, and 2 outside flights (4' x 12' x 8') which i use to breed the finches.
my favorite is the canaries (as i was raise up with music in my house...  and i love their song)

don
how much its the lemon breast?

I would like to start off with finches and here are my questions: would a 44x35x67 corner aviary be big enough for 2 gold-breasted waxbills, 2 red tailed lavender waxbills, and 2 shaft-tail finches? could they all be females and be together? and I would need to have them expressed shipped would they be ok? anything I need to know about finches (and waxbills) before I seriously think about saving and spending around $750!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom