Lets see the wildest wall color in your house...

Hee Heee ! I know imagine all the captions that could go along with it...If I showed that to my daughter she would say....I wanna do that mom!!!......

Quote:
My last house was TINY, but it looked great with deep color. I used an almost cobalt blue, and a deep russet, balanced with a nice taupe. Everyone told me it would look small and cave-like, until I got it done!

My sons rooms are blue. One is a dark blue, and it does look nice, really makes the wood pop out. I'd take a pic, but I haven't put trim up yet. The other is light blue. Besides that the whole house is shades of off white. lol

Hi..here is a picture of my living room wall....still not sure if i like it..LOL..but i'm to lazy to re-paint it!...
gig.gif

10638_2008_12050077.jpg

Quote:
My last house was TINY, but it looked great with deep color. I used an almost cobalt blue, and a deep russet, balanced with a nice taupe. Everyone told me it would look small and cave-like, until I got it done!

My sons rooms are blue. One is a dark blue, and it does look nice, really makes the wood pop out. I'd take a pic, but I haven't put trim up yet. The other is light blue. Besides that the whole house is shades of off white. lol

Hey, I think you're on to something--my little house had lots of wood detail, including chair-rails and custom bookcases. I betcha that really makes a difference when using vivid colors!

Quote:

Hey, I think you're on to something--my little house had lots of wood detail, including chair-rails and custom bookcases. I betcha that really makes a difference when using vivid colors!

Absolutely! It's all about the wood details playing off of the paint.

Quote:
hi...thanks!..lol... my origional plan for my living room was the "crackled" look...but...doing that technique on a wall proves to be VERY difficult (i had to re-paint my whole living room 4 times!)..
gig.gif
...so, instead i just took the colors and did the plastic bag sponging thing...And your house is beautiful!!!...love it!..
love.gif
...take care, Wendy

Quote:
We went to IKEA last weekend and today set up all the new stuff for my room- Seriously, the only thing NOT IKEA is the wardrobe, that Scandanavian-looking anyway.

Back
Top Bottom