Let's see your Off colored Olive Eggs

nicalandia

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jul 16, 2009
Stuck In a Dream
My Coop
My Coop
It has been extensively documented that brown eggers have common egg color issues due to many factors but I have yet to see an Olive Egg with the same off color issues, it would be nice to see some White banded eggs and Calcium deposited on the outershell Olive eggs too.

For example White Banded Eggs:
700.jpg

Extra Calcium layer ontop of the brown will give a Purplish tint to the eggs
Lilac_Eggs_Pink_Eggs_large.JPG

I have a Dark Cornish hen that is laying Purplish eggs due to calcium bloom on top of the brown eggs, the egg looks brown when wet(when I clean them with water) and dry to a purplish/Pinkish tone due to the bloom and I was thinking that it would be very cool to see how Olive Eggs may look with such bloom or defects.

for example these brown eggs from a poster here show different effects of the calcium layer on top of the brown pigment.

400.jpg

Does this also happen with Green or Blue eggs? I would understand that if this effect happens on a white egg they would go on unnoticed but on Blue eggs? or Olive Eggs?

I have a Dark Cornish hen that is laying Purplish eggs due to calcium bloom on top of the brown eggs, the egg looks brown when wet(when I clean them with water) and dry to a purplish/Pinkish tone due to the bloom and I was thinking that it would be very cool to see how Olive Eggs may look with such bloom or defects.

for example these brown eggs from a poster here show different effects of the calcium layer on top of the brown pigment.

View attachment 1873818

Does this also happen with Green or Blue eggs? I would understand that if this effect happens on a white egg they would go on unnoticed but on Blue eggs? or Olive Eggs?
I've seen greyish eggs that were actually green. Quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom