Lets talk about goats!

Pics
Yeah I know lol. When I bought her at three years old, she was all black, but since she's getting older, she's got a few grays lol.

So im scheduling for the buck to come for his date with my girls. Im really nervous about it all... I would love some tips to make sure everything goes smoothly!

Is he going to be staying for a bit or is it just a day visit? I'd make sure that he's had a CAE test to make sure he hasn't got CAE; same for your does, too. Does the buck have a reputable owner/ breeder? Does he look healthy (eyes, hooves, general appearance)? Maybe having a memo service printed and filled out would help, kind of like a receipt, making sure both parties have a copy.

I've posted this pic before but I just love it so much lol. I love her blue eyes
ep.gif
lol

She is pretty! She looks in really nice condition at 13 years, too. :)

Is he going to be staying for a bit or is it just a day visit?  I'd make sure that he's had a CAE test to make sure he hasn't got CAE; same for your does, too.  Does the buck have a reputable owner/ breeder? Does he look healthy (eyes, hooves, general appearance)?  Maybe having a memo service printed and filled out would help, kind of like a receipt, making sure both parties have a copy. 

I will ask about the memo service. He comes from a CAE negative heard and my does just got blood taken today and I will hear results soon. He will be staying for a few weeks. I found the breeder through their website and it seems like they have lots of experience and all of their goats have won at shows. I think they are the best im going to find within 2 hours of my house. It's called freedom star farms in nj :)

Hi everyone! Here's a few pics of my babies I'm getting at the end of march. They're fainting goat wethers just meant for pets.

This is Hank just after being born,

Thats my only pic of Hank but heres my other baby Willie.
Just after being born,

Day after being born,

And more recent pics. :)

I will ask about the memo service. He comes from a CAE negative heard and my does just got blood taken today and I will hear results soon. He will be staying for a few weeks. I found the breeder through their website and it seems like they have lots of experience and all of their goats have won at shows. I think they are the best im going to find within 2 hours of my house. It's called freedom star farms in nj
smile.png
Okay, that's great! Yes, I really like what I've seen from Freedom Star Farms. They've put out so many helpful goat videos as I told you in the pm. :)

I've had a little bit of experience with that (only vice-versa. I had folks bring their does to my buck). Basically what I did was asked for a feed/care schedule from the owner. I know for me, I had to juggle around my schedule and the does and figure out who should go in which stall and so forth, but I can't imagine it being very difficult for you; in fact, it should be pretty easy since it's a buck and not a rival doe ( * gasp * is what my does would be doing LOL) . Take as good care of him as you would your does and even better. : ) I also called/ emailed every so often whoever it was at the time who owned the does, to let them know how their goats were eating or a possible bred date and so forth. It also helps, I think, to let them know what he's been doing/ up to. For example, one doe that was over to be serviced could jump out of her stalls so I told the owner and we laughed over it. I think that type of thing lets the owner know that they're in safe and caring hands, if that makes sense. Hope that helps! : )

Hi everyone! Here's a few pics of my babies I'm getting at the end of march. They're fainting goat wethers just meant for pets.

This is Hank just after being born,

Thats my only pic of Hank but heres my other baby Willie.
Just after being born,

Day after being born,

And more recent pics.
smile.png

Awww...they're adorable!
love.gif
I love baby goats. : )

Okay, that's great!  Yes, I really like what I've seen from Freedom Star Farms. They've put out so many helpful goat videos as I told you in the pm. :) 

I've had a little bit of experience with that (only vice-versa. I had folks bring their does to my buck).  Basically what I did was asked for a feed/care schedule from the owner. I know for me, I had to juggle around my schedule and the does and figure out who should go in which stall and so forth, but I can't imagine it being very difficult for you; in fact, it should be pretty easy since it's a buck and not a rival doe ( * gasp * is what my does would be doing LOL) . Take as good care of him as you would your does and even better. : ) I also called/ emailed every so often whoever it was at the time who owned the does, to let them know how their goats were eating or a possible bred date and so forth. It also helps, I think, to let them know what he's been doing/ up to. For example, one doe that was over to be serviced could jump out of her stalls so I told the owner and we laughed over it. I think that type of thing lets the owner know that they're in safe and caring hands, if that makes sense. Hope that helps! : )

Okay I only have 2 does and I'm breeding them both and I keep everything simple so it should be okay hopefully. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom