Let's Talk About Manners...

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I've got to give you a thumbs up on that one... cell phones are so annoying. Do people really need to be connected 24/7? That why I am one of the few...I do NOT own a cell phone, I don't want people to find me all the time, I have an answering machine....leave a message and if I really want to talk with you, I will return your call....if I don't call you back, I don't want to talk to you!

TOTALLY AGREE marrie
thumbsup.gif

I liked when my 2 of my 7 touching my land neighbors tresspassed around my fence to get pictures of my 10x6x4 foot burn pile and brought me to the zoning courts---who turned around and told them I was zoned ag. and I could have a hog farm if I wanted. And how did I know they trespassed when I wasn't home? My nice neighbor came and told me. I had more supporters show up to zoning court to speak on my behalf than opposed.

One of the others said, what if one of my kids baseballs winds up in that pile and they go to get it and get hurt? Someone waiting for a different zoning case from the crowd said, "Then you're kid would be tresspassing." Lord save us...He was with us through the whole harrowing process of being taken to court and having to jump through hoops and attend lots of meetings and 2 court appearances and speaking. I got 150 signitures for my petition.

And since the county had made a burn ban (of which if you have 10 acres or less--if you earn $250 from your land you are allowed to burn, which I do very easily---and since those behind me with city lots are in the village and not county are able to burn---but I'm the one with mature trees...) and I had started 3 composts piles that were about 4x4x3 that they complained about as well---but had to trespass to even see that I had them and no, they did not smell---it was all leaves and coffee grounds, organic matter...

And funny thing is when my dad lived here for over 30+ years and they were 10 year neighbors....for that time they all used my back yard to put their lawn clippings, leaves, branches....on top of our pile that we burned. After dad died, they came over and said they made an agreement with my dad that's what they could do....so I said, that was fine....made more work for us...they never helped...just added to....
Well when the county found this out they looked at the neighbors and said, "well that's biting the hand that feeds ya."

And my dh helped with building their shed and he was the one that roofed it.

So what happened? Nothing. We got to continue operating the way we're operating because there was/is nothing wrong with it.

So that's what I call rude.

Quote:
I HATE IT when people talk with their mouth open!!! Chew then talk it is so gross if you talk and chew at the same time
sickbyc.gif

Sorry but I need to open my mouth to talk.
lol.png
gig.gif
lau.gif

lau.gif

Excusing yourself to talk on the phone when you're with someone. My grandparents are terrible, they'll even answer the phone during dinner. It was so nice to listen to my cousin talk with my mother and hear his phone ring . . . and then witness him silence it and continue talking to Mom. She asked him if he didn't need to get that (being so used to my grandparents and all), and he said, "Why? I'm with you right now."

I have to say that's my main reason for disliking cell phones. There seems to be this attitude that, if you have the phone on you, you must answer it. I've even heard people who make a call unsuccessfully say things like, "What's the point of having a cell phone if they're not going to answer?" I hate that!

Back
Top Bottom