Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Rhode Island or New Hampshire 'Mama' (not quite sure what she is - not a brick red, but not very orangy either) sitting on her 1st batch of eggs. At one point she had 15 eggs, but I stole some as I don't want to double my flock. She has about 5 eggs, but keeps trying to steal more as they are laid. She lets me touch her making noise but doesn't bite or peck. She's being a good girl. I can't wait to see if we get any chicks but a little concerned as it's pretty cold here in upstate NY.

Best wishes to everybody and their broodies!
Keri

I have a buff Orpington gone broody for the last week but she has no egg under her ,I only have a bantom cock and i dont think he would mange to do the job,I had a Silkie go broody in Dec she sat on nothing for 3 and a half weeks and then got fed up and came out why do they still sit when they have no eggs?????????

Aww! It's so cute! I had a broody back in August... I let her sit on some eggs! I WANT MORE BROODIES!!

LOL... She chose the favorite nestbox!
big_smile.png

40114_hpim3953.jpg

The mornign that I found the chick....
40114_hpim4631.jpg

My favorite pics of her as a chick!
40114_winnie_as_chick.jpg

40114_hpim4954.jpg

She is A LOT bigger now... but I can't find the recent pics of her.
sad.png

Good news: SHE JUST STARTED TO LAY!
D.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Thanks. I was looking for the sings of fertilization in the cracked eggs, but was not able to tell. I think they were not.
I hope I notice when they will be. ;-)

wee.gif
Day 6

ohhhhh crabby broody today, she usually growls at me when I walk in but today I walked in and I went to pet her and she screamed!!!!

then I put my hand under her to feel the eggs and I took one egg from underneath her out and she pushes the egg right out of my hand with her beak, and pushed the egg as far underneath her as possible and fuffed up. I guess shes extra moody today....

evil broody...

Back
Top Bottom