Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
YAY!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif

Well, guess I'm out of the group this time.... all my girls quit.
he.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Must be a result of adding the 14 newbies to the flock.... Oh well, it's a bit cold up here in NH to have chicks out in the barn.

My first meat chicken is hatching! I apparently lost a week because I would've sworn I had more time, but nope... durr, it's been 3 weeks. This'll be the first chicken I ever hatched where I knew the parents! Heehee. (just some red sexlinks)

I have 4 silkie x cochin bantam mutts. these girls are so broody, the will hatch anything that lies still for long enough.

I took Hester's last hatchlings away from her 3 weeks ago. She snapped out of the momma thing real quickly, but it's 3 weeks later and she's sitting on the nest again!
Her sister Sussy is also broody right now. she is also sitting on an empty nest now.
The third sister Sarah currently has a little chick she hatched out for my mother.

I have ordered 6 Faverolles eggs which arrive on Saturday. I've given them each a store baught egg to sit on till the special eggs arrive.

With my 4 girls, I will never need an incubator! One of my little incubators......
73701_004.jpg

GReat Photo! And I thought having two broody Cohchns was enough...I guess to keep going I'll have to get three like you have!
cool.png

Due to hatch Friday--Blue Splash Marans! Seven eggs survived the three weeks, so my fingers are crossed...

Back
Top Bottom