Lets talk automatic doors for the chicken coop!!

We have a run chicken door. Solar. Works great opens and closes on a time you pick. Ours opens at noon closes 5 minutes after the sun sets. Have had it now for 9 months no issues

i love our Omlet coop door. No smooshing here!
I couldn't be later to this thread but we also use the Omlet door and LOVE it. Keeps us from having to worry about our girls seeing the wrong side of a predator at sundown if we're not at home. It was super easy to retrofit onto the wood coop I built a year and a half ago and creates a nice seal at night to keep the cold winds out.

Attachments

• PXL_20220208_184303713.jpg
    PXL_20220208_184303713.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 14
I couldn't be later to this thread but we also use the Omlet door and LOVE it. Keeps us from having to worry about our girls seeing the wrong side of a predator at sundown if we're not at home. It was super easy to retrofit onto the wood coop I built a year and a half ago and creates a nice seal at night to keep the cold winds out.
It has a really great seal!! You can tug and tug on that thing.

Ador1 has done a great job for us.

Ours is a year and a half old and has operated smoothly from day one. Runs on a 9v battery which we just now replaced (easy) more out of caution than for any other reason. Opens and closes in response to the sun, and the sensitivity is significantly adjustable. A wired sensor is mounted somewhere outside on the coop. The birds become attuned to the noise it makes when operating - no squished birds.

Normal operation can be easily circumvented if you need to keep the coop closed for some reason.

Automatic doors aren’t cheep 🙄 but well worth the added security and convenience.
Hi there! Has the door ever gotten stuck?

I couldn't be later to this thread but we also use the Omlet door and LOVE it. Keeps us from having to worry about our girls seeing the wrong side of a predator at sundown if we're not at home.
Curious about this door — whether it works in cold temps and can be installed anywhere like on the side of a barn?

Sorry for delay in reply. No, has never gotten stuck, open or closed. One thing I‘ve learned to watch for is shavings getting in the tract that secures the closed door from being pried up. Conceivably a dense build up of shavings or other bedding could prevent the panel from lowering completely (talking about fractions of an inch here, but that’s all some predators would need). I’ve made a habit of brushing it out when I turn the shavings each morning.
45F878BF-3354-4017-B005-13F4C728CFB1.jpeg

Sorry for delay in reply. No, has never gotten stuck, open or closed. One thing I‘ve learned to watch for is shavings getting in the tract that secures the closed door from being pried up. Conceivably a dense build up of shavings or other bedding could prevent the panel from lowering completely (talking about fractions of an inch here, but that’s all some predators would need). I’ve made a habit of brushing it out when I turn the shavings each morning.View attachment 3074895
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback - still deciding but will have to decide soon!

Back
Top Bottom