Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

I like the Blue crossing you made . blue hen has a really dark eggs .
now that you know your F0 ( me I say P1 stand for Parent stock 1 of the crossing ) carries different thing .So don t cross him to this new F1 .

do F1 X F1 ( Blue barred Cockerel over a Black barred pullet and Black barred cockerel over a blue barred pullets . that way you don t get a splash cuckoo if you are not interested on it .

if you hatch 25 chicks from each combination ,you should be able to see a true F2 possible expression .

I m working my self with the F1 X F1 in many of my line and I can tell you a lot stuff come out . peoples added many thing to this poor French chooks .

I never cross the F1 population to any other thing only to the F1 .

it is the only way to let the F1 express them self better by mating them together

chooks man

That's what i was thinking of doing. I'm interested in splashes, but am afraid that the splash will mask undesirable traits in the offspring. Or will this not be an issue?

That's what i was thinking of doing. I'm interested in splashes, but am afraid that the splash will mask undesirable traits in the offspring. Or will this not be an issue?

yeah my friend it is too early for the cuckoo splash for you at this stage .like you said is going to mask the body pattern you are looking for

with a Black and the blues is easier to spot any odd coloration on the chicks hatch down .

chooks man

Hi, I'm hoping you GCM experts can help me. I ordered a "rare Marans collection" from my pet chicken and I think I got a golden cuckoo. My neighbor and I ordered a wide variety of chicks and it has been challenging figuring them all out! MPC says this is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle but I'm pretty sure she is a GCM.

Back
Top Bottom