Lets talk Kitchen sinks... What do you like?

Pics

room onthebroom

Advocate
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
May 4, 2015
33. N -117.W
I'll be in the market for a new kitchen sink soon & I want to hear everybody's input on what they have, what they like & why they like it.

I'm considering getting a single, rectangular basin instead of the normal 2 sided square I usually have. Does anybody have one? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you prefer stainless steel, porcelain, or something else & why?

Can ya all help a girl out? :pop

I'll be in the market for a new kitchen sink soon & I want to hear everybody's input on what they have, what they like & why they like it.

I'm considering getting a single, rectangular basin instead of the normal 2 sided square I usually have. Does anybody have one? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you prefer stainless steel, porcelain, or something else & why?

Can ya all help a girl out? :pop
I guess your kitchen space will have some input. Do you have a dishwasher? Do you have a large kitchen with plenty of counter space? Or a mid size with a fair bit of room? Or, do you have a galley like, small kitchen?

I have the last one, and my sink is a belfast sink. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love the deep porcelain basin. fits the kitchen as well, aesthetically. Sometimes I wish I had a bit more room in terms of where to set things down. I don't really entertain, and I am the dishwasher.

Ooooh! I love, love, love my granite sink! Remodeled 6.5 years ago, I skimped on the cabinets so I could splurge on granite countertop and sink. I chose the deep double bowl, with one side smaller. I have the disposal in the small side. My worry was breaking things in it, but it hasn't been any worse than stainless or any other type.
blanco-441592-1941797.jpg

I guess your kitchen space will have some input. Do you have a dishwasher? Do you have a large kitchen with plenty of counter space? Or a mid size with a fair bit of room? Or, do you have a galley like, small kitchen?

I have the last one, and my sink is a belfast sink. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love the deep porcelain basin. fits the kitchen as well, aesthetically. Sometimes I wish I had a bit more room in terms of where to set things down. I don't really entertain, and I am the dishwasher.

My kitchen is decent sized considering I have such a small house. I'm not sure what a Belfast sink is (gonna goggle that right now) but it sounds like a single basin? In my area I can get either a double sink or a single to fit my space (33x22).

I do have a dishwasher so I don't need that other sink for rinsing, but if the dishwasher broke or the power was out a single basin might be inconvenient... Hmmm... I hadn't considered this aspect of it, thank you.

Stainless steel, deep, one basin and undermount.:love

Something like this but cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032C5YGI/?tag=backy-20

This is what I was thinking about, but I'm unsure about the undermount. My tile backsplash is pulling away from the wall & leaking, so I don't know if I need to have something with a lip or not. I cant replace all the tile. I wish I was a plumber.

This is what I was thinking about, but I'm unsure about the undermount. My tile backsplash is pulling away from the wall & leaking, so I don't know if I need to have something with a lip or not. I cant replace all the tile. I wish I was a plumber.
I love being able to wipe the counters smoothly into the sink.

Ooooh! I love, love, love my granite sink! Remodeled 6.5 years ago, I skimped on the cabinets so I could splurge on granite countertop and sink. I chose the deep double bowl, with one side smaller. I have the disposal in the small side. My worry was breaking things in it, but it hasn't been any worse than stainless or any other type.
blanco-441592-1941797.jpg

I saw these. I wasnt sure how that curve worked. Is it in the front or the back?

Also did yours & Kikis come with holes for the faucet? It looks like some dont. :confused:

I'm way too hard on porcelain, that's why I like stainless. I haven't tried granite yet... Very interesting!

I saw these. I wasnt sure how that curved worked. Is it in the front or the back?

Also did yours & Kikis come with holes for the faucet? It looks like some dont. :confused:

I'm way too hard on porcelain, that's why I like stainless. I haven't tried granite yet... Very interesting!
My holes are in the counter top itself.

Back
Top Bottom