Let's Talk Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams

I am located in Central Oregon and my flock of bantam mille fleur cochins is getting older - I lost a few to old age this year. I have been looking for mille fleur cochin eggs or chicks, but haven't found anything. Does anyone have some available? Here is a photo of my flock, two of the three mille hens you see have passed. :-( I just got a new rooster (a drizzle Mille) so I will be doing a fertility test. Then I may be selling hatching eggs :-D
They are only 3 weeks old but my neighbor think they are Mille Fleur. Any thoughts?
They're s but young to tell but they do look like they could be milles. If you'll post pics of them again in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to tell better :)

Just jumping in to share my excitement! 2 years trying to get these established and I have a start! Last spring only 2 hatched were Roos, kept 1, had a heck of a time finding more and thankfully for our awesome BYC fam I hatched 2 this spring and both girls!
I just can't get over my struggles with sexing them as they grew at different rates and only a day ago I had to look back at pics to see my boys last year had the saddles etc by 5 mos and my Girls are now 6 mos! I'm sure I'll be waiting until next spring before I get to hatch from them!!
2764.png

My roo @ 5 months old (hatched 3/2015)

My pullets @ 6 months old (hatched 4/2016)

Hey everyone. I've just started hatching some mille Fleur cochins. None grown yet. I just love the pattern and colors and ofcoarse their little fluff balls lol. I'm happy to find this thread. Not much out their for the mille fleurs.
1f600.png

Our two cockerels that we"ll use in our Mille fleur/ blue mille fleur/ splash mille fleur/ naked neck/ frizzle pen this spring.
Excited to have one pen that will produce such a variety of chicks.

May I resurrect this thread??

Last fall, I hatched a lone, beautiful mille male. Wasn't planning to keep him, but long story short, I have him back. I also keep BBS hens with a blue mottled cock. I got 2 beautiful splash hens to add to them, but my original hens did not accept the new girls. Adonis, the mille boy was alone (as I was planning to rehome him), but he fell in love with the new girls! So I guess I'm going to have 2 bantam cochin pens, because now I can't give any of them up!! So in wondering what offspring they would make, a search for mille and splash crosses brought me here! Yeah! lol

Anyone know what a mille cock over splash hens will produce? (I'm horrible with those genetics calculator things)

It has taken my girls 10 months to start laying and I've been setting every egg!! Lol! I traded my first 8 chicks I hatched for a turkey hen. That was hard to do but worth it! I have hatched 6 more since and have another 18 in the incubator! Some of those are from a different line to add diversity.

I love the Cochin breed and have raised them for almost 5 years but have only added the MF pattern about 2 years ago. They are so pretty.
I will post some chick pics soon.
1f60d.png

Hey Ellymay! He's not that bad for starts, milles are a new colour for Cochins and are a work in progress. I have not shipped eggs before, but am concidering giving it a go when they start laying again, if you are interested. My Cochins have 100% fertility and really great hatch rates. I will let you know when they start laying if I decide to ship eggs :-D
Where did you get the eggs for the
I have decided to try shipping eggs when it warms up a little if you are still interested :-D

MadamePoofyBow, I would be interested in purchasing some of your Mille Fleur Cochin eggs if you are still willing! You have gorgeous birds, and I’m wanting to start a MF breeding project. I haven’t had any luck finding anyone around here that even breeds Cochins, and we aren’t even talking about MFs!

Back
Top Bottom