Lets Talk WINE!!!!!

No worries on closing this thread I do hope... its not about getting drunk... but about 'suggesting' good wine and WHY?!

So I would like more people to make suggestions as listed on the first page. Try to enter a generic Price range.

If all you can remember is the winery, that's fine... just put in a price guage for that winery.

I REALLY truely try a lot of wines, when I can... and I REALLY like other people opinions before I spend the money and open the bottom. If something is liked, but they say its 'super dry' I wouldn't spend the money on it... but I'm grateful for knowing.

You all have some AWESOME suggestions for me so far. I hope others find this useful.

I posted a response on what I really enjoy in wines yesterday....but, just to keep it related to chickens....we do often open a bottle, take a few chairs up to the "food plot" next to the coops, enjoy a few glasses of GOOD wine and watch the chickens. CHEAP entertainement!!!
yippiechickie.gif

mmm good topic!

I have to say I love my cheap Arbor Mist White Zif at I think $6.99 a bottle but my favorite is DEF my very close to home Benigna's creek winery. Literally 20 minutes to the vinyard and they hold some nice celebrations there too Imust say (check out the link for the stuff this summer) www.bcwinery.com
And my favorite of theirs is a sweet red "Patriot Red" and it's $8.50 a bottle. Can't go wrong....mmmm it's 4pm here and I think you may have just convinced me to go open up a bottle of Patriot! Lol

I thought I was crazy as we have started to enjoy our wine down at the coop, just watching the chicks. Glad to here someone else does the same.

I'm also very happy there's crazy people here too
lol.png
.....Have to try the wine at the coop thing, I'm sure I've taken a glass out there but it was chicken business...I'll have to try the entertainment side. ok, gotta go they're coming with that darn white jacket again...<wave>

wait, maybe they won't see me...
tongue.png

Even my BO likes wine. The day she was attacked by the adults, chased into the neighbors' yard, chased by dogs, and finally caught and stuck in a rabbit hutch until we got home, I was out later with a glass of wine. She hopped into my lap for some comforting, and was very interested in my wine. She took 3 beakfuls!

It *was* the Metropolitan Market "Red" though.

Quote:
We just went to the Duplin Winery a few weeks ago. Ended up coming home with a case of wine.
smile.png

Steve

I am leaving the 26th for Wilmington and will be heading home on the 28th. I hope I can stop in there on a sunday. My husband is on his way home from Jacksonville right now... and forgot to call me when he left. He was going to stop and pick me up a bottle or two... or 3 on his way home.

I was kind of suprised at how small the actual winery is. Years ago we went to a Taylor winery in New York state and it was huge. It was kind of funny the tour guide made a comment that Duplin wines aren't aged or ment to be aged they are ment to be used right away. lol

Steve

I'm new to the whole winery experience. I toured one of the winery's in the smokey mnts a couple of weeks ago and came home with a few bottles. I can't remember the name of the winery but it was in governors crossing. They have a wine called Black and blue that is definitely worth a try if you like sweet wine. Me I will pass on the dry wines for now
sickbyc.gif
In the past I have made homemade wine and it is definitely a pretty neat hobby if you liked Science or chemistry

Trader Joe's Charles Shaw label.
The Merlot & Chardonnay are decent for the price.

They don't call it 2 Buck Chuck for no reason.

3 Buck Chuck if you're paying IL taxes!

Back
Top Bottom