letting eggs settle before incubation

I run a fan at night . . . would it be ok if it wasn't pointed at the eggs? My room temperature doesn't fall below 68 because I run multiple heating elements 24/7. (I have a dubia colony and bearded dragon).

I run a fan at night . . . would it be ok if it wasn't pointed at the eggs? My room temperature doesn't fall below 68 because I run multiple heating elements 24/7. (I have a dubia colony and bearded dragon).
I wouldnt worry too much about temp as long as its nothing crazy hot like 80's or 90's. Its really hot here where I am currently and my house is roughly between 65 - 75°. Still get great hatches! Cooler temps are just ideal. But we have a hard time keeping the house cool in the summer heat.

Yeah, I can understand the difficulties of keeping things cool. My room can get in the mid-80s depending on the day and time. Here's a crazy question . . . so when I was building my incubator and turner racks I used fertile quail eggs. It took me a bit to get the temperature right and I had them in the incubator with the turner. Do you think it could be possible that they're still viable?

I'm going to put a few in and see what happens at the 7-day mark. If they're quitters then I'll take them out but I'm curious to see if any hatch. Although temps were shaky at first, I've run the bator at proper temps for the past 4-5 days so maybe . . .
I also candled them just for the heck of it, I put the ones that didn't glow brightly all the way through back in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom