Letting the ducks out when the sun rises late

LosPatos

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2020
So, right now I'm around after sunrise and before sunset. However, when work goes back to normal and the days get shorter, what do I do? So, in other words, in winter when I have to leave for work before the sun comes up and the sun is setting before I get home, what do I do about my ducks? I assume that if I let them out before I leave for work in the winter, it would put them at risk of predators like raccoons, correct? And what about in those darkest parts of the year when the sun is setting by about 5:00? What do you do with your ducks in winter so they get time out of their coop and are safe from predators that hunt at dusk and dawn?

So, right now I'm around after sunrise and before sunset. However, when work goes back to normal and the days get shorter, what do I do? So, in other words, in winter when I have to leave for work before the sun comes up and the sun is setting before I get home, what do I do about my ducks? I assume that if I let them out before I leave for work in the winter, it would put them at risk of predators like raccoons, correct? And what about in those darkest parts of the year when the sun is setting by about 5:00? What do you do with your ducks in winter so they get time out of their coop and are safe from predators that hunt at dusk and dawn?
I'm facing similar issues here during the winter time and i am planning to install an automatic door, that i can control through the internet or is controlled by a light sensor or a timer.

Back
Top Bottom