Lettuce Pictures!!!

Quote:
The secret is that lettuce likes it cool.

The lettuce seeds that spring up from where I let it go to seed start coming up in around March I think (but we don't get the heavy snows that you do). Nobody starts putting their gardens in until around May here. So that is a couple of months' head start for the lettuce's preference of when to grow.

I think a cold frame would be good, get them started early and then they have a chance to finish before the heat comes and they bolt. This is just my guess of what would work.

idunno.gif

Mine won't be planted in the ground until maybe next weekend....possibly this weekend--but probably not...we're still in the mid-30s at night.
sad.png

Here is one of my gardens from LAST summer...(yes, it needed to be weeded in this picture):

DSCN4590.jpg

DSCN4589.jpg

My other garden has (or will have) corn, cantaloupes, squash, zucchini & cucumbers in it.

Beautiful pics of different types of lettuce. I may have to do the porch thing next year. Way to late now for it here. I love some fresh lettuce and a matter of fact....anything fresh is great in my book.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom