LG against a Luminaire and a sportsman (UPDATE)(update 4-24-09)

Like to see how this test comes out.

Think most already know, when the other guy throw good eggs out.

Shows get all the knowledge you can before hatching, no matter what incubator.

Come on guys, everyone has their own favorites, and not everyone can afford a sportsman! The bet is just a fun thing, no reason to assume evil motives. Everyone knows you get what you pay for.

And I think one thing this proves is with the LGs, the LESS babysitting you do, the better. I babysat mine so much the first time, and I had horrible temp fluctuations. Right now I have it in my bedroom, and I check the temps once or twice a day, whenever I am in there anyway.

I rarely have to change it, and when I do it is only because our house gets very cool at night. I can change it up or down 1/4 of a degree or less, but I dont move it unless it gets more then 1 degree high or low. Which is very rare.

Everyone has different tastes. It is what it is!

The turning has stopped, now the long wait begins. No one took any eggs out when the eggs were candled. I wasn't there when they candled thier eggs. I should have 35 chicks come Friday. One egg was iffy so I left it in just in case.

Go panner!
smile.png

Quote:
Here we go, I absolutely agree. My first bator was LG, but now I would not want another one for free.

If the "Little Monster" (that,s how I call mine LG) is so gooood, why there is 100's of threads on BYC about deadly spikes of the temperature this "great" bator is famous to deliver anytime (mostly at night when you are sleeping)?

LG bators probably killed more hatches than a carton box with a light bulb.

And lot's of BYC past threads prove it.

LOL

I don't understand when someone post that they bought an LG and are frantic about what to do when all H*** breakloose. This Forum is a great source of info and advice, take it. Don't buy until you do some research, The never ending list of unhappy customers who buy this Chinese junk will never learn. OK one last time,

THE LG INCUBATOR IS JUST PLAIN JUNK!!!!! AND THAT IS A FACT NOT A MATTER OF OPINION!!!!.

AL

That's just your opinion, and you're more than welcome to have it, but my LG is perfectly dead on. No fluctuations, no temp spikes...EVER!! Because I know how to use it.

Quote:
So you are saying that people using better quality incubators than LG are idiots?

You never addressed the issue that LG will spike 5 or more degree up very often and kill your hatch.

There is 100 of threads on BYC forum to attest that.

I think those who put up with piece of srap like LG , keeping constant watch day and night on 'Little Monster" (LG) ARE THE IDIOTS, who have no life but watch piece of crap incubator 24 hrs around the clock to brag they got 100% hatch out of it.

ROFTLAMAO

I have life and things to do and I want quality incubator which does not require 24hrs attention to get a decent hatch.

Am I an idiot because of that?

I mean why are you arguing every point someone tries to make? Do you get some kind of thrill out of making people CRAZY? It's a fun thread, so don't make it a bad experience for others. Some people like different incubators...BIG DEAL!! They go with what works for them, so quit ruining the thread for everyone.

This little bet of mine is in no way trying to say that a L G is better or worse than any other bator. What I want to show everyone is that the worst thing you can do with a L G is continue to adjust the heat. You need to get it set properly before you ever put an egg in it. That goes with all bators. Do I baby sit the bator? No I put the eggs in and leave them. In this case I didn't check my bator for the first 14 days. Even then I didn't open the bator. On day 18 I removed the turnrer and candled the eggs. I will go back Friday to check the bator again. Not only does the L G get a bad shake but all cheap foam bators. It is my goal to have 35 bators set up in different class rooms so many children can watch the eggs hatch. That is a cost to me of about $3500. What would the cast be if I would put 35 cabinet bators in the class rooms? Little more than $24000 I would guess. Since I am cheap, I will go with what works for me. I can get a hatch rate of 80% every time I pit some eggs in a L G, this gives each child a baby chick to take home. With a big smile I might add.

Let's look at it this way so all can understand, a L G is the Yugo of the bators. Most cabinet bators are B M W. Would everyone like to have a B M W or two in their garage? Sure but not all can. Those with the Yugo can get from point A to point B just as those with the B M W. Just takes a little getting use to.

As for getting paid for this, I wish I was. Well I will when they pay up the bet.

Anyone that takes the time to learn all the little quirks of a L G, will have many successful hatchs. Those that want to throw the eggs in and fiddle with the temp all the time should throw the money out a window.

If a woman can hatch an egg in her bra, yiou should be able to hatch an egg in an L G.

Let's see how many chicks I hatch out with the L G.

clap.gif
Personally, I would love to have a better bator than the LG with turner I am borrowing from my cousin. Unfortunately, my husband (a truck driver), has very little work right now so it won't happen for quite a while. I have found the LG very simple to use, once I got used to it. The only temperature fluctuations I had were my own doing.

Back
Top Bottom