LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

No problem!
Imho gender and sexuality are a spectrum and are always changing and fluxing. I've never been super girly and still don't understand make-up or styling my hair, but I like dressing in dresses now and wearing pink and girly stuff. It took me a LONG time to accept my femininity just because of society saying girls are gross and just the misogyny in general? But I remember asking someone once like, "... You ever feel super girly one day but the next like you're just a person in a skin suit? Like not a girl, not a boy, but.... Ehhh?"

I'm from a VERY rural area, super conservative Oklahoma. Nobody really talks about this stuff out here. šŸ„“ But the gay, lesbian and queer community are growing and more out than they have been.
At least the community is coming out more!
In my opinion some of this needs to be taught in schools to a degree, in general, just in being more inclusive to gay parents and trans kids.

That makes sense to me, I think
Somedays I want to wear dresses. And style my hair, but at the same time I was a "tomboy" growing up, I enjoyed playing with snails, climbing trees and Ive always hated wearing makeup. As a child, I remember calling myself a boy. That I remember. And I remember being confused after at realising I'm not.
Some days.... I just don't feel like a woman. Even to the point of not being comfortable with my body or clothes or long hair.
But I'm not sure I feel like a man... its so confusing, I think because of gender norms and all that stuff.
All I know if I just got stressed because I couldn't find my gender neutral top, lol

Then I just convince myself I'm thinking about it too much.

At least the community is coming out more!
In my opinion some of this needs to be taught in schools to a degree, in general, just in being more inclusive to gay parents and trans kids.

That makes sense to me, I think
Somedays I want to wear dresses. And style my hair, but at the same time I was a "tomboy" growing up, I enjoyed playing with snails, climbing trees and Ive always hated wearing makeup. As a child, I remember calling myself a boy. That I remember. And I remember being confused after at realising I'm not.
Some days.... I just don't feel like a woman. Even to the point of not being comfortable with my body or clothes or long hair.
But I'm not sure I feel like a man... its so confusing, I think because of gender norms and all that stuff.
All I know if I just got stressed because I couldn't find my gender neutral top, lol

Then I just convince myself I'm thinking about it too much.
:hugs

Not sure if genderfluid is close enough, I noticed it about the end of 6th-beginning of 7th grade. I did think I was Trans until about freshman year. Then I forced myself to accept that I was female and a girl because my girlfriend was a lesbian and I didn't want her to decide I wasn't good enough.

About my first year in college, the feelings came back, and I wasn't with her anymore, so I let myself actually feel them. It wasn't the same as how I feel being Trans is though, since sometimes the 'shirt' fit and felt right, and sometimes it didn't.

So I've considered myself fluid since then. Occasionally it gets really bad and I feel like the 'shirt' is twisted and seven times too small and I just want to claw it off whole screaming. But sometimes it feels like a nice, worn t shirt you'd wear for painting since it's too old and loved to wear in public anymore.

I don't know if that will help or even make sense. I'm just not sure how else to explain it
All of that definitely does help, a ton, and it makes sense

Thank you for sharing!!

Yep. It's just a damn shame that we're 'expected' to pick one or the other.
Gender norms are the reason behind all the confusions and conflicts.
I dont think it's a matter of choosing, more just figuring it out

There's actually a lot of genders that have been recorded, and plenty of cultures acknowledge this, but due to colonisation... well, that's a long story.
But yeah gender norms make this confusing as heck. Because at the end of the day, gender isn't, or rather shouldn't be, defined by what a person wears.
In a situation where there's no actual dysphoria, it makes it so hard to navigate. At least from where I'm standing

I think in some ways I can really relate to some of you.
I am a woman, but growing up I always wished I was a boy like my two brothers.
I wanted to do what they did, not what mum thought I should do.
As I have got older, I have come to realize that I can to do whatever I want, never mind what gender I am.
Racing cars, riding dirt bikes, camping, hiking..
So I do more boyish things but still am happy with being a young woman.
I never really knew about it before meeting all of you here.
So maybe, if you are not sure what who you want to be, just concentrate on doing what you want to do, never minding about doing anything to fit in, for a little while; and it might actually make it clearer.
If this doesn't make sense just ignore it, as it might not come across as I meant it to.

So much in society is built around one-or-the-other choices.

We're finding out lots of things are a continuum.
Honestly, black-and-white thinking is ridiculous in almost all aspects of life.

It gets really bad in discussions about gender, sexuality, and politics. If you say you're non-binary or genderfluid, bisexual or pansexual, independent or moderate, it's like people get angry that you haven't chosen a side. It's very weird and it needs to stop. Most things are more nuanced than people want to believe.

(Btw I'm a cishet woman, but I enjoy reading the discussions here. šŸ‘€)

Back
Top Bottom