LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Ours, MontanaFair is a big 4H/FFA fair. There's animals there every single day between small and large animals, and an auction for the market animals at the last day. Made 1100 dollars from a pair of meat rabbits one year, and between 400-600 dollars my lamb each year I sold one
I wish there was a more local 4H around here for my grandson to go to. I think he would love it!

There aren't any auctions after our livestock shows, that I know of. Heck, if you aren't there on the day of the judging, then you miss half the animals because people take them home.

I like the one ride with the giant pharohs boat that swings and eventually goes almost upside down. I can only go on that once or twice though. Everything else is just a bit childish (not that it's a bad thing) for me. But I was always in the barn with animals too during our fair, so it wasn't a big deal to just buy single tickets for one ride
I like the simple rides, like the 40 metre swings, it's super relaxing and I can see my house from up there! The ones like the screamer I'm not keen on, the drop feels unsettling and the seats don't actually feel safe. They got new upgraded seats so I might go on it again, though I dislike that drop feeling in my stomach

I wouldn't say many of the rides here are childish, but most of them are family ones- not too scary.
They had super high ones that shot up over 50 metres and went upside down, round and round. It looked petrifying. I didn't even like standing under it, lol! But they got rid of those last year, they seem to be leaning more towards family fun, these days

This really isn’t a joke thread, I’m just trying to find other people like me. I’ve seen threads for moms, for seniors, and for people from different states. Why not make one for LGBT folk?
I chose a celibate lifestyle because it goes with my beliefs. I've been mocked and called a liar and if I talk to anyone about anything even innocuous as it is I get accused by neighbors of having sex with them which includes the plumber, my tree service ,and close personal same gender friends and that includes my ex who has established himself as gay and not interested in females at all. Yes he spends the night at my home in the "guest room" because he's over a thousand miles away from his own bedroom! His son appreciates it that he gets to see his dad for a week or two. I think this forum needs to be about people raising chickens and the problems we face in doing that in trying to keep happy and healthy flocks.I'm not about to start a chicken forum soly for celibates like myself. Gays, trans and bis have the same chicken problems as the rest of us. Everyone needs to get along and everyone need to feel comfortable. None of it needs to be about sex or gender identity unless it is actually concerning a bird. I hated the reply that made it seem like LGBT are abnormal human beings. I think they do being humans just fine. They need jobs and to live and be able to persue happiness the same as everyone else that isn't LGBT. This is not a joke to me and I think cheap shots at people are just rude.

I like the bumper cars. Nothing more satisfying than SLAMMING into your (adult) child's car, or your SO's! :lau
Im not keen on it, but my sister usually wants to. I always feel picked on 🤣
But really it's such a fun way to mess around with total strangers though. It feels nice to just have fun. That's the best part about the fair, it feels like a community, between banter with the owners of the rides, and just having fun with everyone

The only bad part is that we sometimes have men hit on us and it wrecks the mood. Workers, too. So inappropriate

I like the simple rides, like the 40 metre swings, it's super relaxing and I can see my house from up there! The ones like the screamer I'm not keen on, the drop feels unsettling and the seats don't actually feel safe. They got new upgraded seats so I might go on it again, though I dislike that drop feeling in my stomach

I wouldn't say many of the rides here are childish, but most of them are family ones- not too scary.
They had super high ones that shot up over 50 metres and went upside down, round and round. It looked petrifying. I didn't even like standing under it, lol! But they got rid of those last year, they seem to be leaning more towards family fun, these days
Honestly, give me a good old fashioned carousel and I'm happy! I've never been a big fan of the wild rides to begin with, not since the Tilt-A-Whirl made me sick when I was younger. I can still be dragged onto *some* of them, but anything that spins is a big NOPE.

I like the bumper cars and the wagon train up and down thing (I have forgotten how to speak English apparently) the ones shown in the videos were WAY too scary for me
The only "train" thing I'll go on is the ghost House. Its fairly tame tbh, it could be improved
You get on the train, it goes through a door into pitch black darkness, creepy noises, lights flash, creepy dolls hanging up and fake skeletons moving towards you
Loops, goes back outside, back in and while it's pitch black there's a drop, it speeds down and then it ends.
Not scary, but it is a bit of silly fun! It's a new one this year so maybe it'll be better.

Back
Top Bottom