LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

@fluffycrow Well, I placed a succulent order from Succulent Depot! :oops: 🤣 I know nothing about these and only chose them on looks alone. 😅 They are coming from California and once shipped should only be on the road a few days. All these plants are itty-bitty things at 2 inches, the smallest they sell. I am going to need your help getting them planted, settled in and cared for, I don't want them to suffer in my hands! :barnie They haven't shipped yet and I'm already worried about them. :hmm

Screenshot_20240411-060802_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411-060846_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411-060913_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411-060946_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411-061016_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240411-061053_Chrome.jpg

@fluffycrow Well, I placed a succulent order from Succulent Depot! :oops: 🤣 I know nothing about these and only chose them on looks alone. 😅 They are coming from California and once shipped should only be on the road a few days. All these plants are itty-bitty things at 2 inches, the smallest they sell. I am going to need your help getting them planted, settled in and cared for, I don't want them to suffer in my hands! :barnie They haven't shipped yet and I'm already worried about them. :hmm

View attachment 3798124
View attachment 3798125
View attachment 3798126
View attachment 3798127
View attachment 3798128
View attachment 3798129

Ugh such a pretty bunch! Hope you receive them happy and healthy, and good luck in caring for them! Depending on size and leaf structure (typically the more plump a leaf is, the more water it holds) you might need to water them more frequently than your larger specimens. Still, follow the general rule of "wait for the plant to give you the signal". I've never had a string of pearls (or any kind of string of things), but their care is pretty much the same as a typical succulent. The variegated plant might need more sun, as the variegated cells do not have any chlorophyll, and cannot photosynthesise

View attachment 3798124
View attachment 3798125
View attachment 3798126
View attachment 3798127
View attachment 3798128
View attachment 3798129
They all look dangerous and I suspect they will grow into meat eating monsters.:p

Ugh such a pretty bunch! Hope you receive them happy and healthy, and good luck in caring for them! Depending on size and leaf structure (typically the more plump a leaf is, the more water it holds) you might need to water them more frequently than your larger specimens. Still, follow the general rule of "wait for the plant to give you the signal". I've never had a string of pearls (or any kind of string of things), but their care is pretty much the same as a typical succulent. The variegated plant might need more sun, as the variegated cells do not have any chlorophyll, and cannot photosynthesise
I am planning on keeping them outside all summer and as far into fall as possible before frost, so lots of sun, shade and air! All of my indoor succulents are going out too. So they should do much better than at my back window. It's still hovering around freezing over night so for now I will bring them inside each evening. I am super egg-cited!

I am planning on keeping them outside all summer and as far into fall as possible before frost, so lots of sun, shade and air! All of my indoor succulents are going out too. So they should do much better than at my back window. It's still hovering around freezing over night so for now I will bring them inside each evening. I am super egg-cited!

That sounds like a great plan, they'll love it out there! I'm super excited for you, definitely post photos when you get them!

Be sure to introduce your indoor guys into full sun slowly, so that you don't risk them getting sunburned

That sounds like a great plan, they'll love it out there! I'm super excited for you, definitely post photos when you get them!

Be sure to introduce your indoor guys into full sun slowly, so that you don't risk them getting sunburned
I will definitely let you know the moment they arrive!

And yes, I will start these indoor plants slow, they have never been outside!

Ok, first question... 😁 Will these new little ones like to be planted in larger pots to start or do they like to be in small quarters?

Plant math = the plant version of chicken math. Although plants are slightly cheaper to keep.
Thisssss and also I'm totally going to use that on my boyfriend later.

"Have a couple of baby plants" she said. That monster was just a wee thing when it moved in.View attachment 3797639
I used to be able to put things on that chest of drawers. Now I have to fight it to get a drawer open. I've another "gift" in the kitchen. "It won't grow very big" she said. It's trying to steal food from the pots on the cooker now.:barnie
View attachment 3797638
HA! I'll have to grab a picture of my Monstera Deliciosa sometime. I have it on a low plant stand and it's essentially a floor plant now. And it's still not as big as I want it to get, plus I still need to get a moss pole for it.

And yet, most (if not all) of the carnivorous plants of the world are not succulents :p :D
Nope! They're tropicals! I'm actually planning on looking into carnivorous plant care because we have a few flies in the house that I just can't catch. Also they're pretty lol.

IN OTHER NEWS!

It's hatching day!!! Currently have one very loud girl out and in the brooder to dry off. And another girl in the incubator still because her yolk sac is still pretty big and still attached. She's alive, breathing, yelling on occasion, and flopping around in there so I'm just gonna let her be and keep an eye on her. There's also at least one more internally pipped. They started bright and early this morning so we'll see how we do. Pictures are on my phone so I'll probably have to double post to show those off.

Back
Top Bottom