LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

So after I got all ready to go out, I decided to go check on my ducks, and gave Sprightly a cuddle. That was the moment I knew I messed up.
DUCK POOP
I was all ready, I certainly did not require perfume de duck.

anyway
The little mermaid was amazing! So beautifully put together.
The vast majority of the audience were adults. There were only like, two kids. 😂
It was great!
Only 2 kids? 😂 😭

Well, keeps you from making a hasty decision. And that's only a few months away.

Can you reserve some?

I agree. But my brain isn't wired that way. Probably my thoughts going into this are flawed to begin with. Because instead of looking at a breed I want, I'm going "I want to breed a breed that somewhat matches my needs" instead of saying "ok. I really love this breed, so I'm going to devote my time to improve it". So basically, whatever breed I find right now, that I've liked in the past and matches my needs, I'm going to jump on the offer. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I won't do it seriously, and it's not that I won't devote my time to it, but I still feel disingenuous, because unlike say a person who goes into it first for the love of the breed, I go into it first for the love of creating good quality stock. At some point (probably one month into owning said breed) I'll definitely fall in love with the breed and be indistinguishable from the breed lover at first time, but it still makes me feel a little like an impostor. I still will do it though. Oh, and no I can't reserve any birds

I agree. But my brain isn't wired that way. Probably my thoughts going into this are flawed to begin with. Because instead of looking at a breed I want, I'm going "I want to breed a breed that somewhat matches my needs" instead of saying "ok. I really love this breed, so I'm going to devote my time to improve it". So basically, whatever breed I find right now, that I've liked in the past and matches my needs, I'm going to jump on the offer. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I won't do it seriously, and it's not that I won't devote my time to it, but I still feel disingenuous, because unlike say a person who goes into it first for the love of the breed, I go into it first for the love of creating good quality stock. At some point (probably one month into owning said breed) I'll definitely fall in love with the breed and be indistinguishable from the breed lover at first time, but it still makes me feel a little like an impostor. I still will do it though. Oh, and no I can't reserve any birds
I can understand and respect that. I did the same thing with Muscovy and look at me now! Totally head-over-heals with them, lol!

Do you have any online classified ads or anything like that to find birds for sale?

I can understand and respect that. I did the same thing with Muscovy and look at me now! Totally head-over-heals with them, lol!

Do you have any online classified ads or anything like that to find birds for sale?

Yup, and if the new breed has even the 1/3 of the personality the Disney flock has, I think I'm going to fall in love with it fairly quickly😆 As for online, I've already searched and nothing comes up. Only some people selling fertilized eggs right now, (of breeds that are not really on my radar) but I don't want to go that route because 1. The broody might quit at any time 2. I need a broody 3. You don't know if you're being scammed until it's too late

Back
Top Bottom