LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I don't mind at all!

I did have some issues, mostly because I was fairly large (I lost 7 lb / 3 kg just from their removal!). I had a blood clot form on the one side and almost had to be re-operated on to remove it. As a consequence, I had the drain in for a week longer on that side.

Again, due to my size, I had to have nipple grafts, which only partially took. To this day, I have slight ulcer problems there, as well as along the removal scar. I also have no feeling in them, or hardly any.

My recovery, thank goodness, was uneventful. I never had to take any of the pain medication they gave me either. I was very bruised though from the surgeon shifting that blood clot.

All in all though, I'm glad I had it done. Binding was very difficult for me and it was the main thing that made my self-confidence rise.

One warning, once you go on T, don't be in a rush! Be patient for it to take effect. I, against my doctor's advice, upped my dosage because I wasn't happy with how slowly things were going. It shot my red blood count so high I couldn't have one of my surgeries until a year later, and I damaged my liver.

I just slightly changed my name, and went by Chris before anyhow so this wasn't a huge thing for me. I know some want to distance themselves as much as possible from their previous life, taking a name that is completely different, but, maybe because I'm older, I have no problems with this. I did give myself a middle name though, since I didn't have one: Nikola, after Nikola Tesla!
What were the restrictions, do you remember? I thought I read that you could only lift a certain amount of weight for like a year afterwards.

I've been (not seriously enough to actually make a certain choice yet) debating on at the very least a quite substantial reduction, but with the animals I have, I can't afford to not be able to lift things for very long at all.

I don't mind at all!

I did have some issues, mostly because I was fairly large (I lost 7 lb / 3 kg just from their removal!). I had a blood clot form on the one side and almost had to be re-operated on to remove it. As a consequence, I had the drain in for a week longer on that side.

Again, due to my size, I had to have nipple grafts, which only partially took. To this day, I have slight ulcer problems there, as well as along the removal scar. I also have no feeling in them, or hardly any.

My recovery, thank goodness, was uneventful. I never had to take any of the pain medication they gave me either. I was very bruised though from the surgeon shifting that blood clot.

All in all though, I'm glad I had it done. Binding was very difficult for me and it was the main thing that made my self-confidence rise.

One warning, once you go on T, don't be in a rush! Be patient for it to take effect. I, against my doctor's advice, upped my dosage because I wasn't happy with how slowly things were going. It shot my red blood count so high I couldn't have one of my surgeries until a year later, and I damaged my liver.

I just slightly changed my name, and went by Chris before anyhow so this wasn't a huge thing for me. I know some want to distance themselves as much as possible from their previous life, taking a name that is completely different, but, maybe because I'm older, I have no problems with this. I did give myself a middle name though, since I didn't have one: Nikola, after Nikola Tesla!
That's good to know thanks. My name did not change my name that much either. I like the name Chris.

What were the restrictions, do you remember? I thought I read that you could only lift a certain amount of weight for like a year afterwards.

I've been (not seriously enough to actually make a certain choice yet) debating on at the very least a quite substantial reduction, but with the animals I have, I can't afford to not be able to lift things for very long at all.
I was told only for about a month or so, but I'm kind of stubborn (and a bit stupid) and didn't really follow that. I was out driving the very next day and even adopted a cat!

If you did things slowly and in smaller increments, you'd probably be okay. If I had all the critters I have now back when I had the surgery, I could probably manage it, especially if I had help.

I was told only for about a month or so, but I'm kind of stubborn (and a bit stupid) and didn't really follow that. I was out driving the very next day and even adopted a cat!

If you did things slowly and in smaller increments, you'd probably be okay. If I had all the critters I have now back when I had the surgery, I could probably manage it, especially if I had help.
Okay, thanks. I'll have to look into it again and see what exactly the limits were. It was just one site I saw and it was like nothing more than 10 pounds for 6 months at least

Back
Top Bottom