LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I HATE working retail on Black Friday. Oh, the horror stories....
*shudders*
I shop on black Friday because it's sometimes the only way I can afford some things (not so much now that it's not as novel). But I always make sure I'm extra patient and nice to people working. I used to have to work at one of my old jobs (what kind of pizza place makes black Friday a black out day?) And while we didn't have a ton of people, the ones we did have were almost always rushed and snappier than normal.

I also definitely make sure to tip where I can now because I know sometimes that is just a little bit of light in an otherwise crappy day

I shop on black Friday because it's sometimes the only way I can afford some things (not so much now that it's not as novel). But I always make sure I'm extra patient and nice to people working. I used to have to work at one of my old jobs (what kind of pizza place makes black Friday a black out day?) And while we didn't have a ton of people, the ones we did have were almost always rushed and snappier than normal.

I also definitely make sure to tip where I can now because I know sometimes that is just a little bit of light in an otherwise crappy day
On behalf of retail workers (and former retail workers) everywhere,

THANK YOU.

Gotta add that Black Friday, in general, kills me. I'm not Christian, so when I celebrate Christmas is more of a cultural thing. But I hate the idea that folks are expected to spend a bazillion dollars on a holiday. It's definitely become more about stuff and less about spirituality. It's a huge burden on me financially, physically, and emotionally. Huge. I imagine it's the same for a lot of people. I really hate Christmastime because of it.

I honestly always wanted to go because I saw how it was portrayed in shows. Like the American version of Running With the Bulls.

I usually go to check specific stored for specific 5hibgs, and do other shopping while I'm there. Some for me, and if I see something someone would like for Christmas, I get that too. I'm not out there spending money just because it's black Friday. But I also don't go out and get 3 flatcreens and 7 computers. Last electronic I got on black Friday was a 3DS when they first came out

Back
Top Bottom